Your Ad Could Be Here

The Shure KSM44a is a very neutral and accurate mic.. It's my studio favorite.The downside is it's about 1000.00 US currency. A little less in UK dough I guess.

MXL is probably the name most recognize for producing inexpensive Chinese made mics. Some of them aren't bad. Many maker use Chinese manufacturing to get the price down. Royer microphones is one of the premier ribbon mic makers. Their prices reflect that. Even they have recently introduced a Chinese model for less. 

Warm audio has a new one out. It looks fairly generic in appearance. It is supposed to be a close comparison to the mics made by the German company Neuman. I suspect they are having it made in China. Most average home studio owners settle for something like an MXL or  a usb mic by blue and similar. These mics will "get you by" in a pinch. 

Some companies are better with quality control and get great mics made in China. It all depends on the level of control and how picky they are about their products. 

A good mic is all subjective too. What do you mean by "good"?  A Shure SM57 isn't bad but I don't think it's really good for vocals. OK for micing a guitar amp. There are better out there. Many mics are colored, meaning they color the sound going in. The KSM44a is a very neutral accurate mic. It captures what you put into it.

Just as important as the mic are the recording pre amp and the way you're tracking the audio...the surroundings, that sort of thing. Hope this helps.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:33 AM, Fonda said:

Hi! Can anyone recommend a good condenser mike for vocals and recording studio?

what is your budget?

Archived