Your Ad Could Be Here

Car got smashed, lost all equipments, getting new ones

• Noob

Sigh guys, I just got off the phone with my cousin who was helping me to ship my uke and recording equipment to Singapore, then her car window got smashed and everything got stolen.

Like, I'm okay, with things gone. If they're meant to leave us, I'll let go. But I can't help feeling ugh. I've been using my AT2020 Mic for allll my recordings since three years ago, and it's a damn good mic. And obviously my uke, bought it as a birthday present for myself two years ago. 

Anyway, since I'll be looking into buying some new equipment, might as well see if they are any new stuff out there, and if you guys have any suggestions. (not too expensive, but willing to pay for value). These are what I've been using:

1. Studio Mic: Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone (for album originals)

2. USB Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2

3. I've been meaning to get a (I think it's dynamic?) USB mic for my YouTube covers, easy to plug in and start recording without an interface. I've always used the AT2020, but it picks up a lot of background noise, not ideal for when I move around, finding a nice setting. I've read up on Blue Yeti and all but can never decide on one. Help please?

Archived