Your Ad Could Be Here

Studio Setup?

Nothing new and nothing expensive..

I record "real" instruments only. Guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, vocals,sometimes piano,various percussion. I don't use MIDI, virtual instruments, loops,samples...I'm not smart enough for that stuff.

Mics : Vocal mic: audiotechnica MB4K condenser mic

Drums: 2 Shure prologue 12 H,1 Shure Prologue 10H

I run my drum mics into a Mackie 1202 mixing board before going into my inteface.

I use a quirky old interface called a Roland VS20.  Looks like a mini control console.Super easy to use, has real control surfaces, sliders and knobs for pan,volume,effects..or you could control with your mouse on the screen.

I have small monitors, I tend to work with headphones 90% of the time. I have 2 Alesis Elevate 3's.

The software that works with the Roland VS20 is called Guitar Tracks 4. It's from the Cake Walk/Sonar/Bandlab family. It's so user friendly. Most glitchy thing is it only works on windows 7, so you need to hunt down an old CPU on the internet. It may be 15 years old but it doesn't lack any feature I need. It has virtual guitar amps, (I play garage /indie rock) and tons of effects. The effects software is VS20 Editor.

I've tried Pro Tools , Harrison Mixbus and some others to see if I was missing anything but I really like my simple, extremely user friendly set up. I can record, mix, burn a CD,download to Distrokid and get it off to Spotifty for no one to listen to so I guess all is good for me.

Archived