Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi, I'm new

Hi, everybody.  I'm new here.  I just started a new musical project called "medals in the chute," so I was looking for good ways to get feedback, learn from others, and promote my finished songs.  In my hunt, I came across this forum.  I'm really hoping to be part of a community where we offer useful feedback to each other in a kind way, and where users listen to two or three songs by others for every song they post.  Am I in the right place?  It seems like a lot of the internet is people just posting their songs without listening to others, or offering harsh feedback worded in a way that is unhelpful for improvement. 

Hi and welcome to the Songstuff family! It's good to meet you.

I would always encourage thoughtful, useful critique. It doesn't always happen like that, but I think we do pretty well. I would encourage you to not wait to get critique before giving critique. Aside from anything else, I find you can often learn more from giving critique, than getting. Basically because you exercise the same skills, without the same attachment to the song. The decisions you would make regarding any song are not colored by any prejudice you might have because "you wrote that line first" or because of personal connection with the subject.

Feel free to use @john if you post a work for critique and I will happily post a comment or two. I would be honest, considered and happy to discuss. I try to be straight to the point but hopefully that doesn't come over as harsh. I have no axe to grind and no point to prove.

Cheers

John

Archived