Your Ad Could Be Here

Everglow - Coldplay - Cover by Joshua Santy

Hi guys, this is my second audio-sync I have made.

This time it is a cover of Everglow by Coldplay. I used 2 violins and a keyboard and synced the audio. I took Mike Robinson's advice and tried to change the octave and frequency of one of the violins.  Tell me what you think and where I can do better!

Thanks!

Joshua Santy

I think that it is very nice, although the violins are probably a bit "too far forward," overpowering the piano especially in the lead parts.  (Make them stand out, but don't shove them in my face.  When the piano appears, give him room.)

Consider, e.g. around 2:30, whether you want to draw my attention to the piano or to the violins?  You probably want to do some "riding the faders" here.  Direct my attention during this segment.  (Consider using left vs. right pan, reverb (back) vs. no-reverb (front) and so on.)

Also – consider adding double-basses playing long, slow, legato parts ... literally to give it some foundation.  Depth ...

And – if ever I actually gave you advice about one violin over the other, "you nailed it."  The two violins very nicely complement each other, and the piano part is also very expressive and clean.

Archived