Your Ad Could Be Here

Youtube Channel "Mix It Up"

jonlint

Hi everyone,

I have decided to launch a Youtube Channel "Mix It Up" to share my lessons learned as I try to improve as a musician, songwriter, arranger and a mixer. There will be various segments and it will develop based on your feedback.

I have just released the first episode of "Arranging Things" where I dissect a song I wrote "Wolf's Skin". As a bonus, I am leaving a link to stems and also a collection of free plugins that you can get started with mixing a complete song. As a further bonus, I made a rough mix using only free plugins in Reaper, which you can download all from YouTube video description.

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/v50FdxclOqE

If you like it, I would appreciate a like and subscribe. I hope to bring you more content in the coming months.

Edited by jonlint
  • Like 2

Hey Jon, I recommend you start a blog (here or elsewhere) that you can use for promoting your youtube vids. Every time you post a vid, create a blog post embedding the vid. When you make forum posts you can link to both. This way you will build traffic for your blog and video. Eventually the blog becomes a brilliant ongoing engagement tool

Hi Jon

I like your approach to making the song dynamic to keep interest (using rhythm change, guitar solo and unexpected chord change). I think this kind of tutorial is useful for people just starting out. I bet you'll get a lot of questions about which DAW you use. One thing I picked up from watching your vid is that sensation of just knowing when somethings is "right" or when something needs changing, getting the whole "flow" of the song. This is something intuitive.

Jim.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:48 AM, Anvil Head said:

Hi Jon

I like your approach to making the song dynamic to keep interest (using rhythm change, guitar solo and unexpected chord change). I think this kind of tutorial is useful for people just starting out. I bet you'll get a lot of questions about which DAW you use. One thing I picked up from watching your vid is that sensation of just knowing when somethings is "right" or when something needs changing, getting the whole "flow" of the song. This is something intuitive.

Jim.

Thanks Jim!

Episode 3 of "Arranging Things" on Mix It Up is out.  I tried to do more of the same in this episode. Hope you enjoy and more to come!

https://youtu.be/Edl_UXIAyco