Your Ad Could Be Here

Indie Artists You Listen To

john

• john changed the title to Indie Artists You Listen To
  • 2 months later...

There is one artists I discovered this week and she is amazing.

She's got many great songs, I really recommend you to check her out.

I know that usually people don't get into recommendations but I really think you should check her out:

Her name is ElMar Origenes:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Editors

Thanks for the new music @haim shim! Enjoying the funky arrangements and the beautiful voice!

Here's some of my favorite indie artists who've also inspired me on my own music journey.

1. Lizzy McAlpine

Quite broadly presumed to be the next big thing (with Billie Eilish, Jacob Collier & many other popular musicians being huge fans). She's got an incredibly beautiful voice with such control; & the songwriting is just as yum as her technique.

2. Scary Pockets (Youtube band)

Primarily consisting of Jack Conte (piano/keys) & Ryan Lerman (guitars) with equally talented session and guest artists, these guys are easily one of my favorite bunch of peeps on the internet. And they keep climbing higher and higher in terms of recognition within the music community as well as the mainstream audiences. They deserve it. The arrangements are incredible, the production is top notch and they are musicians of the highest calibre and musical understanding. 

For one of their latest releases, they had the legendary Cory Henry himself for a beautiful Gospel infused funk cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". Cory is easily one of the most revered musical minds on the planet rn and he's influenced music culture itself in a large way spanning multiple genres throughout his career. It is such a privilege to see music performances like this freely available for the world. If that solo through to the whole outro didn't bring heaven down to Earth,  I dunno what will.

3. Vulfpeck

If you know this band, you'd have spotted one of the founding members & primary songwriters Jack Stratton playing bass on the first Scary Pockets video I shared (which was a pleasant & satisfying surprise). Generally considered as Internet's favorite band, Vulfpeck is an embodiment of good people with incredible skill doing what they truly love and getting the success they absolutely deserve! Vulfpeck is one of my most favorite bands of ALL TIME! I've been a fan since I heard their track 1612 many years ago. But through the years, I would have to name a large portion of their tracklist if I were to decide what my 'favourite' songs are. ALL OF THEM are so ridiculously good with their instruments.

4. In consequence & as a very special bonus, Antwaun Stanley

One of Vulfpeck's members Antwaun Stanley (the dude singing above on 1612) is one of my biggest influences as a singer & musician (not that I can ever measure upto his insane ability but will indefinitely & forever take great joy in trying to). He happens to follow me on Instagram & I've been fortunate and grateful to have kept in touch with him through the past couple years.

I realized the high level of humility certain people can have when I saw Antwaun's IG updates of the sold out Madison Square Garden gig Vulfpeck did without a label or manager which is a monumental achieviement; and then to see him commenting on my little Instagram performances with encouraging words the very next day.

This dude is my hero and he was so way before he chose to engage & motivate a random independent musician like me on the other side of the world.

And I'm grateful that he continues to do so to this day.

YMAS.PNG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQQUQcdHA8e/

The reason I mention this is because it inspires me more and more; to work harder and get better all the while choosing not to have a gloaty opinion about myself for whatever 'success' comes by that could honestly limit my musical growth.

I'm excited for Antwaun & Tyler's personal album that's coming out soon.

It's being crowdfunded if you're interested to contribute!

But I'm also a huge fan of the solo pursuits of other members as well. Theo Katzman's solo stuff, Cory Wong being the funk guitar legend that he is, all of them are GOATs in my opinion. 

Anyways enough fanboing for now. I shall add in some more later! :)

• Like 1