Your Ad Could Be Here

Any fans of Song Exploder? (The Netflix Series)

• Editors

I've been following it since it was a podcast and there have been loads and loads of amazing artists who've come on there to talk about how their song was written and explain the story behind it from idea to studio to finished product. If you're unfamiliar with it, I would implore you to watch it - super fun and insightful.

Just started watching the Volume 2 episodes that were released a while ago. Starting with Dua Lipa's Love Again.

• Like 1

Love this show. I really enjoyed the Trent Reznor one as I was a big fan of Nine Inch Nails when I was an angsty teenager! The REM one about how they wrote Losing My Religion was really interesting too. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Noob

Yeah, I love this show too, especially the podcast format, it's very interesting to hear about the history of your favorite songs.

• Like 1

• Noob
On 5/2/2022 at 7:39 AM, Mawwewyss said:

Yeah, I love this show too, especially the podcast format, it's very interesting to hear about the history of your favorite songs.

However, recently I was very scared when one of my friends said that Song Exploder would most likely close soon. Because one of my favorite shows (Snowfall) is being closed, there will be no season 6. I was so upset, but then one of my acquaintances, the Snowfall Season 6 skin site, and there I read that there will likely be a continuation, just not as soon as I would like, but already in 2023. So I hope that Netflix will not close such cool projects!

Edited by Mawwewyss

• 2 weeks later...

If you enjoyed "Song Exploder", give "Strong Songs" a try.  

In each of the 99 episodes so far, the host Kirk Hamilton (a talented multi-instrumentalist) provides a detailed breakdown of a famous song's structure, its chord progressions, arrangement and production.  He chooses songs which, besides being already familiar, are more complex and unique than most pop songs, and a challenge for him to unravel.

Greg