Your Ad Could Be Here

Some Logo Ideas

9 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

Those are cool logos bro! though since I don`t know enough about the concept itself, my feedback is only based around the visual elements, and how they relate to the title. If I know more, i`ll be able to say more. So for the time being, I will address each picture from top to bottom, for convenience sake. I will also include the reasons behind what i`m saying.

1) The first picture (the one with the flame-like thingies)

* Pros *

Visually presents the concept of "Penta-Christ" in the form of a classic conflict of ideals, and the direct result of said conflict. It is visually appealing, and quite bold. It almost looks like a "call to arms" of sorts, having the main statement boldly standing out, like a phoenix raising from the ashes. Kinda reminds me of old-school Black Metal albums whose premise were always around challenging conflicting idealism's (like Satanism vs Catholicism, for example). And, yes, I love flames, and that`s why I decided (in my mind) that those are flames. I don`t know if that`s what those are, though. The Fonts used are also pretty dope! 😅

* Cons *

The Pentagram on itself is in fact originally a Sumerian symbol which represented the physical body, alongside the elements of nature and the spirit. Meaning, yes, the symbol itself can be used to serve as a reference point, and embody the subject of "self" and spirituality. Of course. However, if you are aiming at historical accuracy, than the symbol itself is not directly related to Christianity, nor is it directly related to Jesus Christ as an individual person. I mention this because the first picture is very bold, and portrays semi religious-like elements which hint at injustice. Like the Salem Witch Hunts, for example. It give off those vibes. This is not so much as "con" per say, but an anecdote.

2) The second picture: (the one with the skull)

* Pro`s *

This is more 20th century. It is ominous, and it presents the concept of Death as a ever watching, looming presence. It is visually appealing, and the message and outlines pop out extremely well. It also has a strong, mature presence. "Actual death". I like it. This was in fact the second picture that made me go: "now THAT is an album cover!".

* Cons *

"This IS a heavy Death/Black/Goth/Industrial/Metal Album". Meaning, if you were thinking about perhaps using a clarinet somewhere, or if ANY beat drops below 120BPM, then some people might be very upset 😅

3) The third picture (the one with the neon vibe)

* Pros *

Out of all the logos, that particular one has the most modern appeal. The clever use of grain in the backround picture, as well as the picture itself, strongly relates a sense that something is happening somewhere. It tells a story and add an element of mystery. Also the choice of Fonts sets itself apart from the other logos, because this particular logo allows for more freedom of interpenetration as to the nature of the album itself (genre wise, I mean). Meaning, you can`t tell what type of music it is for, just by looking at it. It can be anything. Which is a plus in my book because I like being surprised! and, yes, this is my favorite logo!

* Cons *

The name of the album itself seems out context with what`s going on in the picture, due to its conceptual approach. Its like... ask yourself: "does that look like the picture of an album called Pentachrist?". The design is good, but it can throw casual viewers off balance.

Wow! Such a cool and in-depth response. Before I get into a reply (I'll edit and add more detail later), it never occurred to me that this might be an album name. This is for my next musical identity, that is, a "band name" or "artist name."

And yes, it is meant to both signal and challenge assumptions that the rubric suggests. The pentacle was subsumed by people who believe it represents something satanic. 

The music is a hybrid of metal, electronic music, and sound art. It is intended to present a conflict of signs, a starting to point to think about and challenge our belief systems. 

I just took these out for a test drive. I will be writing an album over the course of the next 4 months, 3 of which I will be sequestered 1000+ miles from where I currently live. It is, for all intents, the point at which I have been arriving and preparing for my entire life.