Your Ad Could Be Here

Open Club  ·  17 members  ·  Rules

Music Video

Titles and Credits - Personal Methods Used?

GregB

I use Powerpoint to create, manage, edit and export Titles and Credit JPGs to be used on the music video timeline.  I've set the layout suitable for 16:9 framing.

I find Powerpoint is easier and more flexible than "Titles" in either Premiere or Resolve.  The simplistic result is not for everyone, but suits my preference for static text (rather than the often hard-to-read title effects and rolling credits in the movies).  After all, these videos were mainly vehicles for the music rather than cutting-edge filmmaking.

As I have to tackle multiple videos for each album, efficiency is also a key benefit and Powerpoint allows multiple master slide templates, easy slide duplication/sorting, good text and image handling/formatting, and single slide or bulk export as JPGs. 

Here's an example of the Powerpoint file for "Not All It Seems - Redux" (12 tracks)

image.thumb.png.37343ccf8929330362a58268aa78b699.png

If you have any Powerpoint usage questions, please ask. 

Greg

Yeah titles is a bit of a pain. Saying that I use it sometimes. If I am going to the trouble of generating titles outside, for static titles I use Adobe Fireworks, the old vector art prog they bought from Macromedia with Dreamweaver. FW is now replaced by Adobe XD. I am just very used Fireworks. :)

• Like 1