Your Ad Could Be Here

Acoustic - Act Naturally 1963 by J Russell and Voni Morrison, Beatles

Rene Asologuitar

Hey Rene

I enjoyed the your interpretation of the song. A pity the vocal was right channel only. You’ve got a nice voice with a warm natural tone… if a bit too heavy with reverb. 

It has a nice lilting melody which suits your voice. There’s a couple of points I thought the backing could have benefited from adding a 7th… if I recall you were playing a C at the time. The bridge could have been more of a departure, perhaps reprised at the end after the guitar melody, and your vocal could have evolved a little more through the song.

It has that kind of flat emotional dynamic that is quite common in some country songs, but I think it would really benefit from a bit more of an emotional journey, both in base emotion and intensity.

In the spirit of helping more generally:

On a performance level you did pretty well though I didn’t really feel it. Trying thinking about the emotion of the song before the performance, even if for 5 seconds, and the meaning of and emotion behind the words as you sing them. Songs are all about connection. Putting some of yourself out there comes back in dividends. On that note, position yourself a little closer to the camera, and more central-line positioning of your head really helps with making connection with listeners, as does looking at the camera more frequently.

Nice one, and thanks for sharing!

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, john said:

see above

Wow John!

This feedback is so helpful, and you are much appreciated.

The performance set of comments are so taken, and will be a focus for me.

The connection portion of a production, you very well captured.

I will address the reverb and the right channel issue on my future recordings.

Thank you so much for your expertise and unselfish mentorship.

Respectfully,

Rene Asologuitar

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rene Asologuitar said:

Wow John!

This feedback is so helpful, and you are much appreciated.

The performance set of comments are so taken, and will be a focus for me.

The connection portion of a production, you very well captured.

I will address the reverb and the right channel issue on my future recordings.

Thank you so much for your expertise and unselfish mentorship.

Respectfully,

Rene Asologuitar

You are very welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stewart, 

Thanks for the kind words.

I am an improving guitar player with the capacity to add some accent, even to a minute degree.  Your suggestion makes so much sense, and really do add to the level of pep and color, and I will definitely keep your suggestion in my head.  I really appreciate your comments.

Rene Asologuitar