Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #7

Guys, I've been traveling and have nothing this week. I'll happily listen and comment before Sunday if anyone has something they're working on. 

• Like 1

Okay, so I had a few drinks and continued f*cking around with my NMf 1 piece. I created a new reel for it. I'm calling it "Sequences," and no it's not done. But it's getting closer.

https://rcrft.co/reel/whoisthemuesk/sequences

6 hours ago, Popthree said:

thanks for starting this thread Steve!  i have something i started messing with the other day.  its slowly forming into a potential song.  i sat down about an hour ago and scribbled down a few words and then made a very quick and rough stab at recording the idea.  

it's a private track so only those with this link (ironically shared on a public forum) can hear it

here's the lyric i have thus far - 

a human life a loney room to hide

a candles wick can only burn a finite time

won't you come on anyway
cast your weight

long is the journey of dimming stars

the wind and rain we
show teeth & hide our scars

won't you come on anyway
cast your weight

a human life a loney room to hide a light

a candles wick can only burn a finite time

won't you come on anyway
cast your weight

Dude, this is so good! So privileged to hear an early version. We have to do something together, a remix, collab, something. Or I'm just happy to be a fan. Loved this!

10 hours ago, Popthree said:

@Steve Mueske just listened to your project.  its sounding really good. 

Thank you!

• Editors

I know I'm late for this to be officially accepted into last week's NMF but truthfully, I did mean to share this on Saturday when I first saw this post!

"As Long as You're Here"

"Hope", is that the word you're looking for?
It's more than all I can ever give
Cuz all of me is here in this moment

Just don't, don't think of me with dreams to float
Unless you see that it disappears
Cuz all we can feel is the present

I'm not saying I won't be around or
I'm implying we take it to a room
I just don't wanna know..

A post shared by Mahesh (@maheshmusic)

I know the title hasn't appeared anywhere in the song yet though I was working on the second verse and bridge last night which points to the idea. Hopefully, I'll be sharing a more complete version soon.

Big thumbs up from me, Mahesh! You have such a wonderful voice, and I love your choice of chord voicings.

Looking forward to the next version!

• Like 1

• Editors
11 hours ago, Steve Mueske said:

Big thumbs up from me, Mahesh! You have such a wonderful voice, and I love your choice of chord voicings.

Looking forward to the next version!

@Steve Mueske, thank you brother! Always appreciate your thoughts and kind words! I've been having friends over at the new place I've moved to. Had a beautiful Bossa Jazz musician visit who played some beautiful music with absolutely fabulous changes and rhythms all through. I'm quite sure this is from that evening's influence & impact. Either ways, it's been great to be writing some new words for the new days. Gotta keep the wick burning if I'm to finish the upcoming EP which I'm hoping to get progress on!

I happened to finish the second verse for this idea that I've posted! Have the words with me but will try and record a lil demo sometime soon to share it here! :)

Fate - I know someday that you'll be here

but until then I'll disappear without a name

or even a purpose

I'm not saying I need you around but

I don't know how to ask when I'm lonely, so

take it fast or take it slow

As long as you're here

@Mahesh it's this one of your 'tiny' songs? It's lovely

Hiya @Popthree, I thought it was going to be until the first few words showed up! lol Thank you for listening an the kind words, btw! Appreciate it bud. 

I generally sit for writing a Tiny Tune a couple times a week. (I've been guilty of not being as frequent atm) Since Tiny Tunes are lil songs of their own with a beginning and an end, you anticipate pretty quickly as to where the song could go in terms of the lyrics, melody, imagery.  And the process of ideating, writing, recording will finish over an hour or two.

As soon as I started writing this one, I sensed it was one of those elusive muses. lol It had much to say and explore. It needed at least a few hours of company before I even decided on what I want to express and where it should go. Realized right then it's going to be a full song. :)

The last Tiny Tune that I wrote was something called "Perfect". 

A post shared by Mahesh (@maheshmusic)

Anyways, sorry to derail the topic!

I will be posting these at the new Tiny Tunes club that I created hoping to get some musicians musing with me whether in a 1+1 format or a studio production style Tiny Tunes. Speaking for myself, I think it's a great practice to keep the creative intuition and skill engaged.

So feel free to hop in!  

• Editors

Belated 'new music Friday' posts are allowed y'all so bring it

Glad to be in company, @Popthree! :) This should be super useful to keep each other going. It sure does help me! So thank you for that. 

• Editors
2 hours ago, Stewart Schmidt said:

I can't believe this sounds like this in my headphones!  How did you produce this?  It's sounds pretty far out. 

Thank you for that!

I haven't done much to the original take of the video recording besides a few tweaks to the audio part. I recorded the video using my room mate's Apple iPad Pro M1. It has a decent microphone onboard.

Once I got my take, I then transferred the video onto my Android phone so I could use the Dolby On app to cut some low end & tame the mids. I did this because the original audio sounded a little boomy. It might be my room as well. I'm yet to set the acoustics up here in the new place.

And that was basically it! :)