Your Ad Could Be Here

Freebie - Manage album track order, credits, and durations (MS Excel)

Hi

This Excel file "Tracklist Manager" has helped me play around with track order (Col A) while keeping other track info in the right order and format.  Just change track number(s) and then sort that column via the pull-down.  

image.thumb.png.03880ebcca7e4926a4b0dc1f310e4fdb.png

Some fields helped me ensure that adjacent tracks weren't the same start/finish chords, etc..  Most importantly, minutes and seconds are translated into the correct mm:ss format plus you can export complete tracklist text for use in a layout program (e.g. copy/paste from Excel to your sleeve or disc label design). The track lengths are also summed below the table to give you the Album Duration (not including inter-track gaps).

image.png.23cad24780b15434cb73f1e1a19d1206.png

All formulas are kept simple and are editable to get the text characters/spacing that YOU want (just change the first row formula and all others will reflect the change). 

If you don't want column (e.g. the ones for video), just delete.

This Excel file uses common features available since Office 2007.  If unfamiliar with them, it'll be worth learning them via the thousands of relevant YouTube tutorials.  Unfortunately, Microsoft keeps f*cking around with old but well-oiled features every few months, so there's no guarantees!

Because the Songstuff site doesn't allow for MS Office files to be uploaded, these files can be downloaded indefinitely from my personal Cloud store: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H5ZvOHOhkwlY-2H5DqLznikNbYGOpobo?usp=sharing

image.png.c6ea5ef6082093c648f18552581e1f60.png

NOTE - Feb 2022.  
File availability should be OK for at least a couple of years but, if the link is broken, or the files aren't there, just post a message and I'll resurrect them ... if I'm still above ground and breathing :)

Cheers,

Greg

• Like 1