Your Ad Could Be Here

A 2015 song proves to be 'prescient'!

Hi

This is not meant to be a political post, more that I'm pleased with the music and the video considering recent events which cannot help but emphasise that human nature seems unable to break out from its vicious repetitive cycles.

Russia has, in my own lifetime, swung from threatening nuclear annihilation, through territorial aggression and expansion, to finally reaching 'rapprochement' when the Wall came down in late 1989.  The world finally seemed to be getting better and we all heaved a collective sigh of relief.  But now?  (China is not exactly the 'New Hope' either!)

This is my co-writer Martin's song from the album "Prescient" (2015) ... his mother's story of fleeing Eastern Europe as a child.  Martin and I both grew up in 1950s/60s England constantly aware of the Red Menace. 

Cheers,
Greg

NOTES:
  • The guy in the picture is Nikita Khruschev, the Russian firebrand who headed the Soviet Union and who took the world to the brink of Armageddon by installing nuclear missiles on Cuba.  Famous for banging the lectern at the UN.
  • "Warner Pathe News" was a short film with news from around the world that played before every feature film at every UK cinema up to the early 1960s.  I concocted the fake bulletin as younger viewers would not be aware of the issues of those times. 
  • 'Waterloo' is Britain's largest and busiest railway terminus. It provided rail connection to Europe (and currently is the EuroStar terminus).

Edited by GregB
typo