Your Ad Could Be Here

FL studio for audio recording/manipulation?

I use FL studio for everything, and while its great for midi and piano roll stuff I find it lacking with audio stuff.

Thing is Im very comfortable using it and dont really know if switching to another DAW like ableton would be worth it.

So my question is how hard would the switch be?

On 8/6/2022 at 7:19 AM, zwolfgang said:

how hard would the switch be

Hi Z

Needs commitment!  I only made the switch from Premiere to Resolve by going cold turkey on a new album project.  It was PAINFUL!  Fortunately the required editing features/skills were limited (compared to music production), but even after 40 music videos I'm still make mistakes with shortcuts and the interface.

I've been trying to make the final switch from Pro Tools to Studio One but I always scurry back to familiarity when frustrations build too high.  I'm waiting for a new simple project which is do-able using limited features.  That first zero-to-hero finished project will then cement my confidence levels to continue solely in that new environment.

Greg

• 3 months later...

I use Reaper for audio stuff, so can't speak for its MIDI capabilities but it was very intuitive to pick up immediately. It's free and gets great comparison reviews, some saying they switched from apps like Pro Tools and Ableton, though because I've clicked on Reaper videos on YouTube the algorithm might be pushing those at me. Still, it's free (a 5-second delay on startup is the only restriction until you pay for it) so worth checking out. And because it's free, the user base is wide, so a lot of tutorials to help you out when stuck.