Your Ad Could Be Here

"9 Excellent FREE Plugins (That Shouldn't Be Free)" Youtube video

• Editors

I'm a huge fan of the many wonderful free vst plugins out there. I always keep an eye out for it and it shows in my Youtube suggestions. Here's a video I'd saved recently to check out some of these cool plugins. Thought I'd share it with you.

Let me know if you happen to use it already or decide to use any of them. I'll be playing around with some of them over the week. 

• Thanks 1

I recognize a few of these.  I've used Deelay, PaulXStretch and the Gatelab/Filterstep/Panflow set.  Deelay was the most useful to me (because it can do reverse delays), PaulXStretch has the most potential, but is let down by its complex UI. I just didn't have the patience to try and figure it out. The concept though is useful. The other set works, but is nothing that I don't have already.  Replacing something that my DAW already does is going to take a really good UI (for example Animation Station is JUST an arpeggiator, but its UI is just miles ahead of anything else I've seen, and it made it worth the investment, and replacing the arps that are built in to my DAW.  My recollection of Gatelab/Filterstep/Panflow, was that they don't share the same UI.  I mean, they have similarities, but certain things that are common between them don't appear in the same place on the UI.  The UI does look nice though, so if you only use one of them, then I guess its not an issue.  I have the Cableguys Shaperbox2 which gives me everything that Gatelab etc gives me and more, all in a common interface, with multiple modules in the single plugin.  It's not free by any stretch, but it does make Gatelab etc redundant for me.

• Like 1

• Editors
On 10/2/2022 at 11:31 PM, Rich Blenkinsopp said:

I have the Cableguys Shaperbox2 which gives me everything that Gatelab etc gives me and more, all in a common interface

I have heard of this plugin so much. The versatility & flexibility of Shaperbox with its interface is what, I've heard, sets it apart from the others out there. Will check out the demo version to get the feel of it!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:15 PM, Mahesh said:

I have heard of this plugin so much. The versatility & flexibility of Shaperbox with its interface is what, I've heard, sets it apart from the others out there. Will check out the demo version to get the feel of it!

Yes, it's a very well put together suite, that works wonderfully. Very flexible and yet also easy to navigate and understand.  Gotta be the key to success in a plugin.