Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello everyone!

Hi, my name is Brooks.  I've been writing/recording songs as an amateur/hobbyist since the late 90's.  It can be a lonely hobby when you're not in a band, I'm interested in meeting people who might be interested in collaborating (especially vocally since I'm a terrible singer).  I'm not trying to be a pro or anything, I just want to make something I'm proud of.  I'm excited to listen to all the artists here!

Hi John, nice to meet you! I’ve actually recorded more than a dozen “albums” already (I put it in quotes because they’re really just collections of demos I made by myself on the computer). For the last few years I’ve been making less well prodced demos in garageband (the lyrics on most of the DMOS songs are just placeholders).

I’m open to any collaboration but what I would love is to find is a vocalist to sing some of my songs (my vocals are so out of tune, I’m bad at it). I would love to really work at making a real album and making videos of it for youtube. Be cool to show my kids one day when they’re old enough to care.

I would also love some honest opinions, nobody listens to my music now and it feels like I’m singing into a void 🤷‍♂️.

https://thelullbetween.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brooks Robinson said:

Hi John, nice to meet you! I’ve actually recorded more than a dozen “albums” already (I put it in quotes because they’re really just collections of demos I made by myself on the computer). For the last few years I’ve been making less well prodced demos in garageband (the lyrics on most of the DMOS songs are just placeholders).

I’m open to any collaboration but what I would love is to find is a vocalist to sing some of my songs (my vocals are so out of tune, I’m bad at it). I would love to really work at making a real album and making videos of it for youtube. Be cool to show my kids one day when they’re old enough to care.

I would also love some honest opinions, nobody listens to my music now and it feels like I’m singing into a void 🤷‍♂️.

https://thelullbetween.bandcamp.com/

You’re not alone in feeling that void.

A fan base doesn’t just happen. They are built. Most artists are in that position because they haven’t paid much attention to fan base building. They tend to follow a philosophy of “record it and they will come” and that doesn’t work. Where there are a very few artists who feel that strategy has worked for them, generally someone else, or someones else, has built it for them.

I guess the point is, achieving this is a learned skill. Work at it and you will get better and better. 

Most musicians I know can learn to sing. They might not be destined for vocal glory, but they can usually learn to sing sufficiently. Like music marketing, it is a skill you have to work at. It’s amazing how a few uncorrected errors in technique can sabotage the end result!

• Like 1