Your Ad Could Be Here

Toto - Pamela and Child's Anthem - Drum Cover

I think you have a cymbal hoarding problem. 😄

Honestly man, I wouldn't call these covers. You're just playing the drums along to the original track. That's practicing. Its good to see that you're doing that as a musician.  

Comments on the videos themselves - the video and sound don't sync up, and the audio is pretty boomy. 

Thanks for the comment. I agree about the cymbals 😃! It's pretty messy to deals with the OHs for me now ^^. 
I greatly want to know what is your Cover definition ? 
About the sync, i think that don't sync up is little bit wrong even if it's not 100% accurate i admit. It depend the camera angle cause it's hard now to syn 5 cameras even if i found a way recently ^^. I'm sure you'll found a progression in the new videos that i'll prepare.
I hope that you'll be there to see it ^^

15 hours ago, DonJonin said:

Thanks for the comment. I agree about the cymbals 😃! It's pretty messy to deals with the OHs for me now ^^. 
I greatly want to know what is your Cover definition ? 
About the sync, i think that don't sync up is little bit wrong even if it's not 100% accurate i admit. It depend the camera angle cause it's hard now to syn 5 cameras even if i found a way recently ^^. I'm sure you'll found a progression in the new videos that i'll prepare.
I hope that you'll be there to see it ^^

A cover song is a wholly re-recorded version, by a different artist from the original. Often cover songs have the same arrangement as the original, but generally they are pale imitations of the original. It’s a comparison that is always made. More successful covers tend to be significantly different from the original. It reduces the amount of comparisons and helps listeners to relate to the track differently.

Playing along with a song is a great practice habit, and it can definitely demonstrate your skill on that instrument.

It’s been common for years and years for younger artists, especially hip hop artists to take traditional music terms and use them in completely the wrong way, eventually establishing two or more meanings for the same term, causing confusion.

Examples?

Producer

Beat

There are others! :)

It’s useful for us all to know the different meanings and know our audience. Ideally we’d all just agree on one term and make life easy for ourselves! lol 

On 5/27/2023 at 6:51 PM, john said:

A cover song is a wholly re-recorded version, by a different artist from the original. Often cover songs have the same arrangement as the original, but generally they are pale imitations of the original. It’s a comparison that is always made. More successful covers tend to be significantly different from the original. It reduces the amount of comparisons and helps listeners to relate to the track differently.

Playing along with a song is a great practice habit, and it can definitely demonstrate your skill on that instrument.

It’s been common for years and years for younger artists, especially hip hop artists to take traditional music terms and use them in completely the wrong way, eventually establishing two or more meanings for the same term, causing confusion.

Examples?

Producer

Beat

There are others! :)

It’s useful for us all to know the different meanings and know our audience. Ideally we’d all just agree on one term and make life easy for ourselves! lol 

Thanks for answering me John ! I agree that this is not a song cover because i get the point that a song cover means that the song is a wholly re-recorded version. But i wrote drum cover. Meanings that i didn't cover the song but the drums. Doing a wholly re-recorded version of drums of those songs. Considering that, i think that calling these drum cover isn't wrong. don't you think ?

I was just responding to your request for a definition of “cover” :) and added how terms are sometimes abused.

You performed well. That’s some kit. How are you at Neil Peart drum tracks? I’ve always been big Bonham fan.

There’s a great cover (although they do use autotune) of two guys playing Toto Africa.

Have you thought about joining with other online players and doing a full cover?

For example, this by Lacey Doley, Mike Portnoy and others:

Just a thought. :)

Cheers

John