Your Ad Could Be Here

Audacity

Hey Nige, t/y (beer icon) I copied the mp3 file + imported the audio (mp3)

So fine, I could hear the mp3 mix on audacity window or whatever, could pan, gain, etc; When I hit the "Effect" menu all the options were written in "ghostpen" and unclickable (ie equilization)...do ya know does that mean I would need one of these "plug-ins" the manual apeaks of (tho I saw no specific plug-in for equalizing).

Then, to your 2nd point (EXP link), did you mean "try this and chuck audacity all together" or use as a clarification of it?

hey donna

it sounds like plug-ins are required for this.. as for the link i thought as it is another free program maybe try it out see if it's better

peace

nige

Hey Nige, t/y (beer icon) I copied the mp3 file + imported the audio (mp3)

So fine, I could hear the mp3 mix on audacity window or whatever, could pan, gain, etc; When I hit the "Effect" menu all the options were written in "ghostpen" and unclickable (ie equilization)...do ya know does that mean I would need one of these "plug-ins" the manual apeaks of (tho I saw no specific plug-in for equalizing).

Then, to your 2nd point (EXP link), did you mean "try this and chuck audacity all together" or use as a clarification of it?

You need to click and highlight the track first before you can apply effects.

If you click on the grey bit to the left of the two thin windows (I presume you have imported it in stereo if not it can be set in Preferences) then the audio will highlight. Once it's highlighted you can then apply effects

There are various effects you can download from the audacity site in the plug ins bit

When it says that it 'automatically mixes' I think it purely means that it will automatically mix the tracks together but you still have control on mixing levels - effects etc and doing what you want

Edited by Nick Blair

Hey Nick, if you can shed more light, found this @ the site itself:

"Some menu items are grayed out or disabled until they are ready for use. Before choosing an effect, you must select the audio that you want to change. To select audio, click and drag with the Selection tool to highlight it, or choose the “Select All” command from the Edit menu."

-clicked "select all", nothing

-dragged the select tool to...where? Then you click, correct? Tried various places in the skinny window on left of screen as you'd said...this the window you meant?:

x name-of-song v

Left, 44100 Htz

32-bit float

mute solo

-nothing, effects still all written in ghostpen

Ha ha, I cannot "find" the "audio" to highlight it! What a stupid problem.

Edited by Donna

BABY!

Got it.

Why this time (when select all was clicked)?

Shocking!

Hope it holds up, I'll let ya'll know. (ps thanks, Nige...understand why you sign "peace" in these learning pc threads lol)

The track cannot be in play mode to "slect all" and etc;

New fun problem - er, challenge. When I bring up an effect there is a preview button to click.

I've done numerous previews w/ different effects now but it'll take me all century to mix this, because I can't get more than 2 seconds of the song to play on any given "preview".

???

The track cannot be in play mode to "slect all" and etc;

New fun problem - er, challenge. When I bring up an effect there is a preview button to click.

I've done numerous previews w/ different effects now but it'll take me all century to mix this, because I can't get more than 2 seconds of the song to play on any given "preview".

???

You're getting there.

I tend to apply the effect nd listen - if you don't like it unapply it and do it differently.

It's like learning to fall off a bike

Edited by Nick Blair

Thanks anyway, HH - I forget what that question was, too.

Nick, yes...except when I choose the effect, an "effects" window opens ccenter screen. On the lower left of this box/window is a "Preview" button to click, hence to check the mix with. This preview clicking yields about 1 - 1/2 seconds of the song.

Audacity forum hasn't answered me yet.

Thanks anyway, HH - I forget what that question was, too.

Nick, yes...except when I choose the effect, an "effects" window opens ccenter screen. On the lower left of this box/window is a "Preview" button to click, hence to check the mix with. This preview clicking yields about 1 - 1/2 seconds of the song.

Audacity forum hasn't answered me yet.

I tend to igmore the preview as it is so short.

It probably takes 2 or 3 seconds to apply the effect so I just tend to do it listen to it and if I like it keep it and if I don't I Undo it on the Edit menu and it puts you back where you were. Applying an effect to the track is not destructive so you are not harming it or doing anything permanent