Your Ad Could Be Here

"Hard to Say I'm Sorry" (Chicago cover)

A prime example of the band Chicago's move from Jazz/Rock to Soft Rock, this track still holds up as a great song despite the odd closing lyrics "you're going to be the lucky one" [ ... if you came back to me !! What a smug tosser! :)]     I'm surprised that I still liked the song after hundreds of listens throughout the inevitably arduous recording/production process!

I prefer to add SOME twist to any original I cover, usually just in the arrangement.  In this case, I've instead added a story prequel via sound effects and new music/lyrics that attempt to underscore the passing of time that the original song implied. 

Unfortunately I can't officially release this cover to the music platforms as I'd need to get permission from the rights holders for the substantial 'changes' ... a task/cost not worth pursuing.

MUSIC CREDITS

• The 'familiar' song was written by Peter Cetera & David Foster
  • Lead guitar break - Martin Hale
  • Harmonies - Paul Harris and Jennifer Matthews (BigNote Productions)
  • The folky prologue was written by me
  • The guitars (my 12-string acoustic and Martin's 6-string electric) are real instruments and the vocals are real people. All other instruments are MIDI - drums, organ, flute, brass, piano, violins, cello, electric bass, horn.
  • All elements were mixed and mastered at home using Pro Tools on a Windows 10 laptop
  • Originally arranged by Chicago (1982) but I was only able to recreate it after 'seeing' the contributing elements in Leonid Vorobyev's fabulous cover ...

VIDEO CREDITS

• All images of 'the guy' in my music video were AI generated in Midjourney 5.2. 
    Character consistency was not great but also not bad considering we're still in the pioneering years.

CHORDS/LYRICS attached if interested (with transposing advice at the start).

Hard To Say I'm Sorry.pdf

Edited by GregB