Your Ad Could Be Here

China Girl

Hey Steve

I thought you did a pretty good version all in. I felt the bass guitar was a little too far back, and the guitar was little too much to the front. Performance wise you did well.

My one thought throughout was… you have loads of talent… I just wish you had created your own version instead of holding so close to the original Bowie version. No offence, but for most fans of an artist they are going to pick original version, almost every time, even if your version was better. People who are not fans of Bowie probably wouldn’t go for your version either because they didn’t like the Bowie version. The listeners who don’t care wouldn’t care that yous stuck that close to the original but equally they wouldn’t be looking for you to be like the original.

I always gravitate to what is original. While I appreciate your skills I think you would have served yourself better by doing something re-imagined. When it comes to that, the more radical re-inventions tend to win the day.

If you were wanting to record and mix it to learn the production, I think you could have done that with bits here and there.

For fun? Yep I can see that. A homage. As I said, you did a great version. Now, about that re-imagined version…. Lol

Cheers

John