Your Ad Could Be Here

Ken Tamplin Lip-Syncing Drama – Thoughts?

Mahesh

• Editors

Hey everyone,

I wanted to open up a discussion about the recent drama surrounding Ken Tamplin, the YouTube vocal coach with over a million subscribers. I’ve never been much of a fan of his methods or his attitude, but lately, there’s been quite a bit of controversy involving him.

It all started when Ken Tamplin was caught lip-syncing during a live stream performance, as well as at a gig. Another YouTuber, Fil from Wings of Pegasus, did a detailed analysis of this performance using a pitch monitor and pointed out that Ken wasn’t actually singing all of it. He provided objective evidence showing that the performance was lip-synced.

Here’s the video

Ken responded with a non-answer to these facts and said people are trying to "get him": 

Despite Ken being an absolute d**che with his respose, Fil responded with another (last one) video about this:

I’m curious to hear what you all think about this. Does it change your view of Ken Tamplin and his coaching methods? Has anyone else been following this drama?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Hey Mahesh

I’ve been following this since it first reared it’s head and Fil (Wings Of Pegasus) was asked to look at alleged cases of Ken Tamplin not living up to the high standards he himself regularly holds others up to (the core of the problem).

In all honesty I can’t disagree with Fil’s conclusions. It’s a conclusive and fair analysis. Fil doesn’t have any skin in the game here, no vetted interest in finding one way or the other. He’s only concerned with was the recording tampered with. There was evidence of pitch correction, but more to the point there was extensive evidence of lip syncing.

Really, there wouldn’t be anywhere near as much condemnation if it wasn’t for Ken’s own attitude, broad sweeping and often plentiful and unsubstantiated accusations against others. The accusations were often controversial and fair to say, that controversial nature was about grabbing attention more than any real substance.

All in all, it doesn’t make me feel too sympathetic. You live by the chord, you die by the chord ;)

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, David in WV said:

Bad publicity is still publicity.  For all we know this controversy was intentionally created to gin up even more "views."  Or, maybe Russia did it!  :) 

True. It can also have a polarising effect, making existing fans die hard fans as they race to his defence (as has been evidenced by some fans online… although there is some allegations that at least some of the people doing so are fake accounts!). Oh the tangled webs we weave! Or he weaves lol.

Do you think he gave Putin some bad advice? 😆 KT is an FSB asset? [smiley=SHOCKED2.gif]🫣😃

Jokes aside, I don’t think it automatically damns his lessons. It does however call in to question his character, and it certainly raises questions over his advice. For example, if he has problems with his own voice, could his recommendations as a teacher be wrong?