Your Ad Could Be Here

Ensoniq?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Everything has a knob on it! Meaning you can twiddle every parameter of the sampler setup, the user has complete control over everything.

It is possible to get the most out of the basic EPS16+ even without the extra memory or scsi the thing is totally useable, twiddle to the max. This is not possible on the Esi32 which really needs to be fully loaded with scsi, ram, hd, cdrom etc. The most basic EPS16+ comes with a really useful effects unit, reverb, echo, etc. even the Lesile simulator is good.

There is a large sample library, the factory sounds are really very good. There a number of websites from which you can freely download 100000000000 more samples. Everything works. There is some valuable aftermarket software tools - it is possible format and load sounds in EPS16+ format on your computer! Superb make 1957475 disks straight out of your computer.

The sound is funky - it's not as clean as the ESi1 and tends to have an "Ensoniq" sound. I would describe it as very 1980's. When I put tracks together the EPS make things sound of that era. You might hate that but I like the music of the 1980's so for me it's a dial in experience!

• 1 year later...