Your Ad Could Be Here

64 - Bit Studio Computer

Ok. This is a really cool download. Basically, this ISO image will turn a crappy dust covered PC into a 64-Bit recording studio. Providing you have a decent audio card plugged in, you will get great results from this package.

In short, it installs it's own operating system on to your computer. This operating system is not windows and has been written specifically for real-time music applications. It's a version of Linux called Debian.

For best results, a new dual core AMD 64-bit processor board is required.

VST instruments support too!

To get it all for free you can become a beta tester. Or you can hand over a wedge ( a lot cheaper than buying Microsoft's OS + software etc. )

When I get my 64-Bit MBoard, I'll let you all know how this baby drives...

woops, forgot to add the link. :whistle:

http://64studio.com/wiki/

Edited by Bitstream

bump

Hump!

Sorry, wrong thread. ???

:) This looks pretty good! Have you tried it out yet? Perhaps you could give a a review! Good points, bad points etc. Is it easy to install? can you install it alongside windows?

sure. hopefully my system will arrive at the weekend. Mt plan is to bind "wine" onto one processor and use the other processor for the 64studio applications.

PCIE x16 should allow me to get 64 track hard disk recording.

And the 'wine' side of things should allow me to run windows applications; eg cubase, VST plugins etc

I remain optimistic...