Your Ad Could Be Here

Advertising Your Music

john

Hey

What have you guys done to advertise your tracks when you release them? Forum posts? Press releases? Banner advertising? Google Adwords? What are your prefered methods?

If you don't advertise, why not?

The reason I ask, is the low number of press releases we receive and the the almost non existent level of requests for our free artist adverts.

Cheers

John

Hey

What have you guys done to advertise your tracks when you release them? Forum posts? Press releases? Banner advertising? Google Adwords? What are your prefered methods?

If you don't advertise, why not?

The reason I ask, is the low number of press releases we receive and the the almost non existent level of requests for our free artist adverts.

Cheers

John

I think its very hard to advertise new tracks/album release etcs, mainly due to crappy myspace. Everyone with a pc and a microphone now records and everybody want everybody to hear their music. Its all got very saturated... when stuff like myspace started it was cool to hear new bands but now theres no point most of it aint worth listening to just down to sheer volume of artists out there.

I have a new album coming out and i am lost at how i am going to advertise it. I bought the unsigned book with loads of contacts etc. I am going to go back to mailing out albums than exclusively using the internet.

• 5 weeks later...

hey Ki

Sorry missed this when you posted it.

We offer free artist adverts for Songstuff artists when releasing new albums/singles etc. the ads are displayed on every Songstuff page, apart from the forum (that will change). Images should be jpg, or gif, and 233 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. We need a brief title text and the url the image will take you to when it is clicked. Use the contact form, and when we reply you can send in the graphic. A graphic upload option is being added to the member admin, but it's not ready yet.

If you write a press release for any significant news we will add it to our rss news streams. The streams are displayed on several other music websites as well as other subscribers desktops.

cheers

John