Your Ad Could Be Here

Phase Cancellation / Gain

It's been a few months now since I quit playing with this toy (the song recording).

Phase cancellation was the last straw [smiley=BlueTeamEnforcer.gif][smiley=BlueTeamEnforcer.gif]

Last night I had a desire to listen to the master, which I've yet to find, but did listen to some mixes. And I think now I am too hard on myself. I'd forgotten how far I'd got with it! The song deserves to be tried again and simply done, to my best capability. But I don't yet know if I will follow through.

It seems a victory tho, to want to play with my toy again - or at least look at it.

Some kind of phase cancellation is basically unavoidable, and indeed, if you like effects like flanging and chorus, it can be beneficial... I personally am wont to use phasers on guitars a lot when I write music, because I love the wild soundscapes you can create with them. It's just a question of being judicious, but I thought the mix you did on that song was good, I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with it...

So far, nobody has ever done a perfect recording, you can pick flaws in anything if you analyze it enough, and nobody ever will...

Edited by Prometheus

it can be frustrating, keep trying

Each time you go through the process you will learn something Donna, hopefully quite a lot of things. Don't be hard on yourself. Before you started this you didn't have a recording of your own. Now you do. Getting the right balance of perfectionist and pragmatist is always tricky...

Your understanding comforts me...

That's right, John! No recording before! No score, no inkling of how Loo put that piece together, either.

It seemed that the majority on here would write, record and have the MP3 up in the same month, ya know? But that's not my deal, tho it was in the past - I mean an engineer/musician wiff good gear and we'd crank out the songs. The help is different now :) w/ you all. But you know I'm grateful, esp. since the present is the rougher road.

Some kind of phase cancellation is basically unavoidable, and indeed, if you like effects like flanging and chorus, it can be beneficial... I personally am wont to use phasers on guitars a lot when I write music, because I love the wild soundscapes you can create with them. It's just a question of being judicious, but I thought the mix you did on that song was good, I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with it...

So far, nobody has ever done a perfect recording, you can pick flaws in anything if you analyze it enough, and nobody ever will...

Prometheus, how ya been old soldier? Thanks for the upbeat...I'm actually talking about a dif. song which hasn't been posted. No matter + I'll remember this endorsement 'for' ph. cancellation.

• 1 month later...