Your Ad Could Be Here

Who Owns Who

There have been changes in the shuffle since that was sketched out – but I seem to have lost track.

I know nothing about CEMA or PGD – are they still happening as separate entities?

Hasn’t the field of players shrunk even further since ?

What’s happened to Thorn/EMI ?

Are they gobbled up ?

I have detail on only four monsters currently:

Vivendi

Bertelsman

Sony

Time-Warner

And I think Sony & Bertelsman are now engaged in some relationship together somehow.

What I consider also crucial is their involvements in other media other than record labels – their ownership and control of channels of communication and delivery of images, ideas and other content carries huge influence – radio, TV, film, networks, portals, books, electronics etc….

Time-Warner, for instance, have Mad Magazine and Amazon in their portfolio.

There’s another illustration I have seen out there somewhere – but I’ve misplaced it – much cleaner and more up-to-date than the 2003 octopus chart.

Please let me know if anyone stumbles across it.

• 3 weeks later...