Your Ad Could Be Here

Nice Piece Of Guitar Work...

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I tried this, the video didn't play So I just listened. It was OK. So I tried again and this time I got the visual as well. Thats when it became extraordinary! SO. Is it an Aural accomplishment? Or a visual feast? Or perhaps you can't have one without the other? As a traditional guitarist, I find these examples of playing dexterity quite awe inpiring! as a listener, I find nothing too spectacular to listen to! It sounds like one man trying to play three (maybe four) parts with the inevitable consequence that the mix is dreadfull. Some of the main melody is buried away and the rhythm gets left out and lost here and there! Having said that! I wish I could play like that. Just as a party piece! :)

The first time I tried this, the video didn't play So I just listened. It was OK. So I tried again and this time I got the visual as well. Thats when it became extraordinary! SO. Is it an Aural accomplishment? Or a visual feast? Or perhaps you can't have one without the other? As a traditional guitarist, I find these examples of playing dexterity quite awe inpiring! as a listener, I find nothing too spectacular to listen to! It sounds like one man trying to play three (maybe four) parts with the inevitable consequence that the mix is dreadfull. Some of the main melody is buried away and the rhythm gets left out and lost here and there! Having said that! I wish I could play like that. Just as a party piece! :)

Hey Steve

Have a look at the other guitarist vid I posted. Similar idea, with a quite different result in some ways.

I do like these explorations of what an instrument can do with just a change of perspective (and a lot of practice)

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep Ive now watched these (at home) now.

No, Ive never tried to play anything like this. But it appeals more than the electric stuff I have to say.

Its sweet stuff. In some ways it reminds me of slide playing. That makes its biggest impression the first time you hear it. Perhaps the same is true of this. It is after all played in open tunings, like slide.

I havnt stopped being challenged by regular styles of playing yet. Maybe i'll look into this further in about another 60 years time.