Your Ad Could Be Here

ESI Sample Libraries

john

• 2 years later...

From my own experience with this sampler, I have found the factory CDroms to be a bit poop. I also have an Ensoniq EPS16+ (similar) and the CDroms that are available for that are really very good.

I have found the best way to get sounds for the ESi is to make your own. There are many tools freely available that convert other manufacturers CDroms to ESi etc. I've mentioned in another post - get your ESi hooked over scsi to your computer - then upload. Works fine for me, took a huge amount of effort but was worth it. I now consider it to be an easy sampler to feed and so use it regularly.

:)

Hey Dave

Welcome to Songstuff!

I find the Esi really intuitive to use. My scsi card is knackered so I'll need to get a new one. I now have 2 scsi external drive hanging off the esi. That has given me a lot of storage space, but some new samples, other than my own and the esi library would be excellent.

Any recommendations for download and sample conversion software?

Cheers

John

I bought some official EMU library CDroms from EMU at the same time as the scsi card at their blowout sale. I think they were £10 each, a snip I bought 3, they had limited stock.

I also bought a few more off eBay, which came from a shop called Dolpin music. Again they were cheap - and orignals - not copies. Nice

Easy way therefore is buy the CDroms off eBay - beware as some can be copies.

There are a very few ISO images (data copy of a CDrom) available off the 'net but it's a risk downloading 600Mb and burn a Cdrom only to be un-umpressed.

I really do suggest to buy any old CDrom, WAV or audio, convert in your computer and upload. Much more meaningfull.

I use CDex 1.3 which is a Win95 friendy audio cd ripper which I use to extract audio files from the commercial sample library CDrom - I have Datafiles 1 and 3 from the Time&Space collection, yes they are a number of years old. XXX 1000 drum loops and so on. I rip the track, edit the sounds ready for upload to the ESi.

Then use ESi-Win software to communicate with the Esi. Esi-Win can be a prob to get running but it does work as promised and is free!

Samples are a personal thing, what I like you may not. That's why I find the above system so attractive - nomatter what format the sounds are in I can get them into the Esi.

I assume you have all the factory disks? A 10 pack I think. If not I know where you can get them for free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Noob
I bought some official EMU library CDroms from EMU at the same time as the scsi card at their blowout sale. I think they were £10 each, a snip I bought 3, they had limited stock.

I also bought a few more off eBay, which came from a shop called Dolpin music. Again they were cheap - and orignals - not copies. Nice

Easy way therefore is buy the CDroms off eBay - beware as some can be copies.

There are a very few ISO images (data copy of a CDrom) available off the 'net but it's a risk downloading 600Mb and burn a Cdrom only to be un-umpressed.

I really do suggest to buy any old CDrom, WAV or audio, convert in your computer and upload. Much more meaningfull.

I use CDex 1.3 which is a Win95 friendy audio cd ripper which I use to extract audio files from the commercial sample library CDrom - I have Datafiles 1 and 3 from the Time&Space collection, yes they are a number of years old. XXX 1000 drum loops and so on. I rip the track, edit the sounds ready for upload to the ESi.

Then use ESi-Win software to communicate with the Esi. Esi-Win can be a prob to get running but it does work as promised and is free!

Samples are a personal thing, what I like you may not. That's why I find the above system so attractive - nomatter what format the sounds are in I can get them into the Esi.

I assume you have all the factory disks? A 10 pack I think. If not I know where you can get them for free.

Hi guys, im new to the site, looks great so far tho...

Could you tell me where i can get the 10 pack for free please. I have volume 10 which is wicked.

Also any ideas where to get ESI-Win from .....