Your Ad Could Be Here

Monitors - Opinion Please

Behringer - are their monitors any good?

Behringer TRUTH Active Monitors

Behringer Used TRUTH B2030A Active Monitors - Pair

The Behringer TRUTH B2030A Active Monitors - Pair have all of the great features of their stablemates in a compact cabinet! This is a...

Price: $251.99 Item Ships Free!

List Price: $409.99

Edited by Donna

Hi you guys, Yappy Hude Near!

OK, my deal is no monitors (I've never had any), 4 track analog set up.

Do these emu's look like something I would hate in a few weeks? I have very picky ears.

heaven or hell?

Hey there,

So, I am assuming you are giving up on getting what you REALLY want? I know the Mackie's are expensive but you may (will) regret settling for less.

Anyway, its hard for me to judge the monitors you have listed simply because I always compare others to what I have. With that being said, I would stear clear of the EMU's simply because of size. To me, I would expect ear fatigue listening to these after a short amount of time.

Next

I know many people swear by Behringer but I am not one of them. Between my purchases and those of a friend of mine, their products don't seem to last. Pieces and parts are sometimes made of cheap components. I simply do not trust them. Low prices are great, but only if what you buy lasts.

Both products lack controllability in my opinion.

If I had to chose I would go with the Behringers...but I would have to have a gun to my head.

Tom

• Noob

For my two cents I recently purchased the Mackie 824's after using a set of M-Audio monitors for 2 years. The M-audio were an entry level of $300 per pair monitors. The New Mackie were $1250 for the pair. I will say that the Mackie's are very impressive and really sound amazing. They are probaly the most expensive in the "home / project" arena but they are worth it. I would not cut corners on the monitrs if I were you. They really make all the differance to achieving an accurate mix

Hey Donna

Also worth a look are Tannoy Reveal monitors, available both as active and passive. I wouldn't go with the EMUs.

Clickety

Cheers

John

Hiya John,

I could be wrong but I think Donna is looking for powered monitors.

One thing I forgot to mention to Donna is, the reason I like my monitors is I have Input level control plus lo-fi gain, and hi-fi gain. Really helps in fitting to any room environment.

Ciao

Atom quote:

Hey there,

So, I am assuming you are giving up on getting what you REALLY want? I know the Mackie's are expensive but you may (will) regret settling for less.

Hasty there! Not necessarily, just looking around. There is a thread in music gear review on the Alesis (don't recall which Alesis, but active) which recommended them, but the reviews I've seen elsewhere show a sig. % of people having major problems. Some love them, some hate them. Alesis and JBL are pretty much all I've heard of.

Anyway, ya see the list price (EMU's), and GuitarCenter sends a flyer...then re-check on Musicians friend, and they too are selling for 70 % off - WHY? I'd noticed too on Songstuff's Gear Review some EMU stuff favorable - again, ying and the yang. Yeah off with the gloves everyone, I really do want opinins - who else will discuss with me (Husband? Other Housewives?)

BTW, I clicked on your Roland - that is certainly in a ballpark - and I liked their synth sounds. I recall on the other (guitar?) thread you'd said these work so good you needn't mourn not having Alesis. Is that right?

Oh - what are the Mackies (besides 1250 a pair, thanks david)?

John, I know about your tannoys, will check 'em out. I actually did search thru the forum a bit for other monitor recommendations.

Another funeral today, check back when i can... pounded the drums a good while earlier..........

"Just an older version" Atom said. But you think the newer model is OK? Fair assumption to make.

Sigh, but that's just what (one? more?) the haters-of-that-Alesis were on about - that the new model is a wash.

Edited by Donna

"Just an older version" Atom said. But you think the newer model is OK? Fair assumption to make.

Donna,

The newer models are exactly like the old ones with the exception they moved the power switch to the front. Believe it or not, that is the only thing I don't like about mine. The way my studio is set up it's a pain in the arse turning them on.

I like mine so much it never really bothered me that I didn't have the "pricier" brands.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Ah, but now I'm wanting a guitar amp first!

One of those folk things, where acoustic and mic can be plugged into, sorta PA-like.

It's a change of direction, to be sure. I'm working to play out, that feels right, and oddly enough more do-able than recording at this point.

• 6 months later...