Your Ad Could Be Here

yamaha SU 700

jakeez

• Noob

remember those?

hehe ....fun desktop box has a sequencer too, altho fully automatable, the sequencer sux, so yah wont be looking at taking it on stage without a much more capable sequencer attached, and the ram used is rather obsolete as it is SIMM and not something more commonly found on the market, like sdram ...is expandable to 128 megs  tho, with SCSI, and multiple ins, and outs (with the extra card installed, which i guess isn't all that bad)

it has a really nice FAIRLY LARGE selection of quirky yamaha efx built in, and was based on the A 3000 sampling engine, which makes it still a nice bit of kit for it's low price of around 500 american, even without a more powerful sequencer, and lack of readily available ram type.

jay

Hey Jay

I've never used an SU 700, but I have to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the A3000.  I didn't find the interface user friendly, the effects were pretty poor and editing options were limited.

Still, somewhat of a step up from a Casio VL tone!

Cheers

John

Hey Jay

I've never used an SU 700, but I have to be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the A3000.  I didn't find the interface user friendly, the effects were pretty poor and editing options were limited.

Still, somewhat of a step up from a Casio VL tone!

Cheers

John

I'm still hoping to work my way up to a Casio VL tone...  ;D

• Noob

hehe ...hey john,

have yah owned an A3000?

i know that about yamaha, they are/were rather hard to understand at first sometimes (especially remembering back to the DX series synths, and their notorious book study learning curve)  but i also know that at the time (98/99) the A series engines were critically acclaimed ...after having used my SU 700 for over a year i finally got all the ins, and outs of how to make best use of it.

you didn't like the efx on the A3000 huh, hmm, i think the efx in the SU are pretty extensive, and more comparable to yamaha's actual dedicated efx units, and not their integrated sampler, or synth machine efx.

the efx portion of the su 700 can also be used as a stand alone efx box, completely seperate from the sampler itself, which is very cool considering you have a vast number of controls to tweak paras with, including a ribbon control, which makes playing around with efx live much fun, not to mention you can easily create "scenes" containing whole efx set-ups, to be brought up at the push of a button, or fully automated internally for some external source signal.

it's indeed a fun toy ;)

jakeez