Your Ad Could Be Here

ROLAND U-110 PCM SOUND MODULE???

HI GUYZ!

A friend of mine gave me an old synth module, Roland U-110, with 4 PC-DATA-ROM's: SN - U110-02/-07/-08/-15.

It has no manual and I haven't the foggiest how this thing works... it has only a few buttons and volume in the front panel.... any of You guyz familiar with this thing? Does it have any useful sounds... or should I just paint it green and drop it in the ocean?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

H.  ???

HI GUYZ!

A friend of mine gave me an old synth module, Roland U-110, with 4 PC-DATA-ROM's: SN - U110-02/-07/-08/-15.

It has no manual and I haven't the foggiest how this thing works... it has only a few buttons and volume in the front panel.... any of You guyz familiar with this thing? Does it have any useful sounds... or should I just paint it green and drop it in the ocean?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

H.  ???

Hi H.,

As far as I remember, the U-110 sounds are in the family of the D-50, but based on larger/better samples.

Most of the sounds should be "realistic" sounds, not "synth" sounds.

I only tried tried it for 10 minutes (and years ago), but I seem to remember the sounds were good.

If I were you, I would definitely try it before dumping it.

As far as the manual, you could search on the Internet. But (normally), provided you've got a MIDI interface and a kind of sequencer, all you have to do is send program changes for basic operations.

Hope this helps.

Didier

Hi H.,

As far as I remember, the U-110 sounds are in the family of the D-50, but based on larger/better samples.

Most of the sounds should be "realistic" sounds, not "synth" sounds.

I only tried tried it for 10 minutes (and years ago), but I seem to remember the sounds were good.

If I were you, I would definitely try it before dumping it.

As far as the manual, you could search on the Internet. But (normally), provided you've got a MIDI interface and a kind of sequencer, all you have to do is send program changes for basic operations.

Hope this helps.

Didier

Thanks, DID... and Happy New Year!

H.  ;D

Heyyy!

I have done some testing.... and there really ARE some useful SOUNDS in that damned gizmo! Multi-timbral, too! With A GOOD "Touch-response" too... SO

I'm digging into it!

For a FREE instrument... it has possibilities!

Cheerio!

H.H.  ;D

Are you about to unleash some music onto us then H??

• 2 years later...

I know this post is old but... I had a U110 - it was very good in its day. Think of it as 6 sound modules, each can be assigned to the various outputs on the rear of the unit. It is a sample based unit, Roland did a fine job of filling it with good sounds. It is 31 note poly, I seem to recall that when I set it up to play multiple instruments, MIDI delays became noticeable.

But it can be very difficult to understand what goes without a manual, its a multi-menu driven things.

It does not have any built in effects (it has tremolo but why bother) no reverb, everything is dry.

Good you have extra sound cards.

8)

• 10 years later...
  • Noob

This post is very old I know,maybe someone understands more on how this module works? Even with the manual it's hard to follow. Reading over and over a few times I've got used to some functions by now although using more than one card at the same time is hard to understand at the moment. I'm able to use the cards but only one at time.