Your Ad Could Be Here

Reliable Tablature Sites?

Well, I'm looking into reading tabs now.

The thing is, the one I popped off for a Bowie song, my own figuring out a ceratin part was way more accurate than the tab writer's. I'm not talking a minor descrepancy, but the wrong scale. Otherwise, the rest of the song seems fine. Believe me, it'd be a lot easier doing the riffs in question, with his version!

Any reliable tab sites, then?

Mucho gracio ~

PS: Should I post what I'm talking about, I mean would anyone care about judging on the Bowie tune, which notes are correct? I only put this out there cause if somehow I'm in error - don't see how I could be tho - it'd mean the difference of being able to learn this song probably weeks sooner. Which would be really cool. The tune is Golden Years.

Hey Donna

Unfortunately my general experience of tabs sites is similar to yours. As a result I only tend to use them if I do not have a recording to work from. Even with a vague memory of the piece I still find that I can spot lots of errors in tab site transcriptions.

If I have the recording, then I always work it out myself. It helps keep my ear trained apart from anything else.

Cheers

John

Dang. Was looking for a shortcut.

Oh well. You're right, Mon Capitaine, doing it the old slow way, nothing is equal to it.

I'm glad it's not just me!

But I confess I was hoping you'd yay or nay what I came up wiff ;) 'Salright. I probably have it fine.

:whistle:Golden Years, Go ooh old wop wop wop