Your Ad Could Be Here

Optical Out

• Noob

I have a Fostex VF160. I have just bought an optical cable. What are my advantages? Do I get better sound quality? I plugged the cable into my Fostex (optical out) and plugged the other end into my PC (optical in). But when I hit play on the Fostex I head nothing through my sound card or anything. Am I doing something wrong?

In terms of improvement I guess it depends how you connected before. If you were using standard analog outs then yes there is an improvement in quality because the recording stays in the digital domain for transfer to the PC.

In terms of wh you can't hear anything, make sure that the digital on the puter is enabled and turned up through your sound card control panel.

In terms of improvement I guess it depends how you connected before. If you were using standard analog outs then yes there is an improvement in quality because the recording stays in the digital domain for transfer to the PC.

In terms of wh you can't hear anything, make sure that the digital on the puter is enabled and turned up through your sound card control panel.

I agree with john. It is related to something with your sound card settings.

I use optical / fiber optics on my system, however only in the connection from my recorder to my monitors. To tell you the truth, from a playback standpoint I don't hear a difference vs. cable. However, with your connection I believe you would notice or at least be safer from a noise standpoint.