Your Ad Could Be Here

Good Fiddler...

john

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly no. The problem was that in my enthusiasm I started to neglect my guitar playing. It became a problem the day I realised that my guitar playing had suffered seriously. I don’t exaggerate when I say this came as a shock. There were too many things that I was struggling to remember. As a result I stopped playing the fiddle completely. Now I have no idea what to do about it. At some stage I must pick it up again and decide whether I want to keep it or not. If I do it will be to just learn a couple of things parrot fashion, ie: limit my ambitions for it. :(

What I liked about the fiddle was that as soon as I learned a G major scale, I really could just pick up simple tunes and play by ear easily. I never expected that to happen so quickly.

That's a shame Rudi. I must admit I don't play mine often. I just pick it up every couple of weeks at the moment and play a couple of pieces. Too little time, too many things to do.I was amazed at home much my bowing technique had suffered, and is still suffering, from years of not playing, but hey.

How's your guitar playing going now?