Your Ad Could Be Here

Daw Package?

Best DAW  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Desktop Audio Workstation do you prefer?

• ProTools
    • Emagic
    • Cakewalk Sonar
    • Cubase VST

Guest voclizr

John;

I use Kristal Audio and Audacity myself (to mix. I know. I'm cheap).

You might also add Acid and Cool Edit Pro. Another one of growing popularity is Line 6's Toneports.

:) John B.

Edited by voclizr

I use Cubase VST 5.0 with Cool Edit Pro... I worked on a Yamaha O2R96 to PRO TOOLS rig for a year, but never really liked it. I think the interface with the MAC G5 was f*cked, because it crashed every quarter of an hour, but more than that, personally, I think we've all become far to techno conscious in the last few years...

I still prefer working with outboards for most effects, most plugins just don't have the fairy dust that a good outboard does...

Actually, I just found a picture of the control room in that studio... It had this weird system of patching from the wall boxes into different layers in the O2R using these horrible little bantam plugs; definitely not the way I would put studio hardware together...

Grom.JPG

Edited by Prometheus

• 5 months later...

Cubase SX4, loads of plugins. I really hate it sometimes. Thinking of switching to Albeton or something.

Pro-tools is a bit overstated in my opinion, its reputation as being a pro studio tool pushes its price up but you can do so much more by paying less for a mid-range sequencer package with a few plugins.

For a dedicated OS for studio production it should be so much more!