Your Ad Could Be Here

Best Ways To Promote Your Music Online

john

• 1 month later...

This must be the most phenominal piece of promotion I've heard of. Australian band, Sick Puppies lead singer went to the mall one day to film his friend, Juan Mann on his 'Free Hugs' campaign. He then set one of the bands songs,

to the video and posted it on you tube. I discovered this video quite a while ago. The video had then been viewed about 20,ooo times. It now stands at over 14,000,000 views! and the band have gone from relative obscurity, to releasing an album on Virgin! I only discovered them about 6 months ago. How about that for a meteoric rise? :)

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely considering video. I'm focusing on educating fellow songwriters with my eBooks right now, and I'm mulling over Internet promotion strategies.

I'm an iTunes "link affiliate" and I put an ad on my website the other day.

Here's a question: Does anyone really buy downloads from iTunes?

Also, with Prince giving away CD's and George Michael's website being an all-out, free radio station...what does that mean "lesse" indies need to do?

Should I mimic the big boys and just put everything out on the net in full and see what happens? Doesn't quite sound like the best plan for success...

Cheers!

Dainis