Your Ad Could Be Here

David Crosby's views on music business

It's a good interview.!

My favourite quote has to be this...

"The people who run record companies now wouldn't know a song if it flew up their nose and died." Crosby also argues that the quality of music has suffered because of corporate interference. "It doesn't matter that Britney Spears has nothing to say and is about as deep as a birdbath,"

;D ;D ;D

Hey Didier

It's an interesting interview.  I agree with with what he says  when it comes to songwriting, but he's a bit harsh when it comes to Britney. I guess Britney is a performer who happens to write songs, as opposed to Crosby who is a songwriter and musician who performs. For Britney its a package where music is part of it, a bit like modern musichall . She and her like are accomplished artists, it's just that areas other than Music are as important if not more so. They're just as valid. Music has always had performers. Similar things have been said in every decade about the pop Music of the time. It might be a chronic condition just now, but there's always an undercurrent of good Music in the alternative scenes.

More and more of the music biz is shifting away from songwriters, and purist music, but I reckon it'll come back around again, where the emphasis is placed back on the quality of the songs and what the songs say. As usual though it's up to the artists. At several points indie artists have revitalised the Music industry, and it will happen again.

I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash a number of years ago and Dave Crosbys' voice was amazing.

Cheers

John

totaly agree john

britney is a prouduct of a machine called fame

she is the end result of what we call music she has a writer that cant sing a producer who cant write  and a publisher who knows how to sell a story

put these all together and we have miss spears festival

she's not to blame for she is the front line of it all

Got to look cute, have a flat tummy, and be controllable. And then they put you in these little cardboard cutout bands.

Tell `em Dave!

Ive been aware of his attitude to the business for some time, but this is a terrific update. Thanks Didier.  :)

BTW Davids If I Could Only Remember My Name I think is one of the very finest albums ever.