Your Ad Could Be Here

fruity loops...audio output

• Noob

hi, total newbie here and i may be asking a stupid question, but i'm using Fruity Loops Studio 4.1 and i can't seem to get the audio output to work correctly. whenever i play sample beats that were included with the program, the audio output works fine. but when i try to make my own beat and play it, it won't work. not even when i click on the individual sounds to hear the sample sound does it work.

when i go to the settings, under MIDI settings, my options for output port mapping are Microsoft MIDI Mapper and Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth. those are also my options for master sync output. under Audio Settings, my options for Output are Primary Sound Driver, Intel® Integrated Audio, and my M-Audio MobilePre preamp.

i've used fruity loops in the past (although i believe i used 4.0 before my hard drive got erased) and never had this problem before. can someone help me out?

my AIM is AdrianEG560CBS if that would make it easier to diagnose the problem.

thanks,

Amy

Hi Amy

Welcome to songstuff!

I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with FL myself so I can offer little in the way of knowledgable advice!

I would however try a few things before putting it to the torch...

If you load up an FL sample, can you then open the prefs and see which is the audio output? Or is this not a choice.?

If you have an FL sample already loaded and you then load one of your own does it sound then? Or do you just hear the FL sample? Or do you hear neither?

Is the FL sample size much different to your own?

Does FL have it's own sample type? Or does it use standard .wav samples?

I don't know if any of this is going to be of any use to you but I hope it might give you something to think about. I haven't seen our resident synthy person on the boards lately.

I did find this;

http://www.djryanclark.com/forum/phpBB2/sutra1000.html

And this;

http://forums.babblers.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16128

It looks like the latter of these may be quite usefull.

Good luck and come back and let us know how you get on. And maybe do a gear review of FL for us...  ;)

• Noob

i played around a little bit more and i found that FL is being rather selective. some of the .wav samples play when i click them, and some don't. most of the .ds samples seem to play though. and when i opened up a sample loop and played it, i checked the options and the audio output was the same as i'd had it before.

??? help?

thanks for the links but i'm a bit slow and am having trouble finding things useful or making sense of things...

amy

• 1 month later...
  • Noob

Long time user of fl myself(since fl 2.0)

I understand you completely, i had the same exact problem, and right now, i updated to FLStudio 4.12 and the problem is GONE.

I really didn't figure out what went wrong with the old version, but there were theories about those samples being encoded and they didn't give any sound or gave a very very strange ones, or perhaps, a bad installation is the problem. Hope you sort it out soon.