Your Ad Could Be Here

Any Orchestrators Here?

tracking this thread :ph34r: :ph34r:

i've been wanting to write orchestra pieces of my own too, especially orchestral re-arrangements of songs that i've wrote

i've stumbled upon the garritan orchestra site before also (through a recommendation of a friend) and i've found that it is really helpful, especially for beginners like myself, but after reading the first part about strings, i've decided to focus on pop first before moving on to more difficult and sophisticated genre's such as jazz and especially orchestra

hopefully one day i'll get there and join up with you seniors :P

seniors! SENIORS!!!???

Damn! I didn't think "I" was that old! Just because i'm on disability and collect social security and sometimes have to walk with a cane and can't do the things i used to do when I was young...

Well, I still have all my teeth, and only 'some' of my hair is grey-ish and my bald spot isn't half as big as most peoples.

Besides, it's covered quite well by my long hair...

and i'm not eligible for AARP yet, triple A yes, but not AARP, which kida stinks as they have some pretty cool stuff...

I'm only 46, I won't be a senior until i get as old as Lazz...;>)

Now, what the hell were we talking about?

oh yes...

As far as being a 'beginner', just go ahead and try writing whatever comes to mind (yours or someone elses, trust me, they won't notice...).

Get yourself a decent synth and plunk away at it. If I can come up with stuff, so can you!

-Jim

Now as far as connecting a midi keyboard (my Korg X50) to my computer (via USB) and having Sibelius v4 'see' the damn thing (it does but there's no sound set for it in Sibelius' list), well, it doesn't have a sound set listing in Sibelius' pull down menu. Neither Sibelius nor Korg has a sound set download so I'm stumped. I was hoping the computer/program would see the keyboard so's I could play the thing 'into' the staves to create the sheet music and also 'see' what the notes would look like (and help me get a better idea of how to fathom the note type & placement).

Anyone here do this kinda thing? I've set the keyboard (in it's controls) to be a master thingy that the program would use to playback(?) the sounds, not just a controller, and that's about the sum of my computer/music creation knowledge.

-Jim