Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello From Canada

Hi,

I`ve been looking for some kind of songwriting workshop group for a while; this forum looks like a good place to discuss songwriting and hopefully get some motivation to keep working. I`ve been a bassist in cover and original bands, but haven`t done that in a few years. I have also been working on my own original songs off and on for a few years now and I would like to kind of take things a little more seriously, i.e. make a decent demo and perhaps get out and play some open mics.

I look forward to hearing other people`s work and engaging in discussion.

Best,

Kevin

Welcome to us, Kevin - the more the merrier! :) ...

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm also from Canada so I thought I would just post on this thread.

I'm in a band, but I'm not on here to promote it. (Not that I'm not proud of my band, I really am!)

We're a three piece acoustic folk group and all three of us sing, we do lots of crazy harmonies and stuff, its a blast.

I just graduated high school and am taking the year off to focus on the band.

And I can't wait to see what this year brings me and I'm excited to actually have the time to focus on writing!

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm also from Canada so I thought I would just post on this thread.

I'm in a band, but I'm not on here to promote it. (Not that I'm not proud of my band, I really am!)

We're a three piece acoustic folk group and all three of us sing, we do lots of crazy harmonies and stuff, its a blast.

I just graduated high school and am taking the year off to focus on the band.

And I can't wait to see what this year brings me and I'm excited to actually have the time to focus on writing!

We don't normally ration topics around here... but welcome! :)

We don't normally ration topics around here... but welcome! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

• 6 years later...

Welcome to the two Kevins.

Anxious to hear you play bass and see/hear some of your songwriting.  Do you start off with a riff and write to that or do you start of with lyrics and start with that or a combination?  I'm a lyricist, so start off with lyrics unless of course I'm putting lyrics to someone's already composed music, which is fun, too!  Lots of discussion around songwriting here, so I hope you find what you're looking for!  Welcome!

Archived