• Announcements

• Songstuff

New Chat App   06/02/2017

We have a new chat app available. You will need to sign up for it. You can pick up the invite link at the top of your member hub page:   http://forums.songstuff.com/member/hub/   Remember to use your Songstuff registered email and user name when you sign up! Using the invite link will automatically add you to the Songstuff chat channel.
folksingerish

Hello From Canada

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I`ve been looking for some kind of songwriting workshop group for a while; this forum looks like a good place to discuss songwriting and hopefully get some motivation to keep working. I`ve been a bassist in cover and original bands, but haven`t done that in a few years. I have also been working on my own original songs off and on for a few years now and I would like to kind of take things a little more seriously, i.e. make a decent demo and perhaps get out and play some open mics.

I look forward to hearing other people`s work and engaging in discussion.

Best,

Kevin

Welcome to the site Kevin! thumb23.gif ...........I just welcomed another member named Kevin 2 seconds ago......what are the odds, 2 in a row-LOL blush.gif

Tom

Hola, welcome to the site!

Look forward to hearing/reading your stuff! :)

~TIMOTHY~

Welcome to us, Kevin - the more the merrier! :) ...

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm also from Canada so I thought I would just post on this thread.

I'm in a band, but I'm not on here to promote it. (Not that I'm not proud of my band, I really am!)

We're a three piece acoustic folk group and all three of us sing, we do lots of crazy harmonies and stuff, its a blast.

I just graduated high school and am taking the year off to focus on the band.

And I can't wait to see what this year brings me and I'm excited to actually have the time to focus on writing!

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm also from Canada so I thought I would just post on this thread.

I'm in a band, but I'm not on here to promote it. (Not that I'm not proud of my band, I really am!)

We're a three piece acoustic folk group and all three of us sing, we do lots of crazy harmonies and stuff, its a blast.

I just graduated high school and am taking the year off to focus on the band.

And I can't wait to see what this year brings me and I'm excited to actually have the time to focus on writing!

We don't normally ration topics around here... but welcome! :)

We don't normally ration topics around here... but welcome! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Welcome to the two Kevins.

Anxious to hear you play bass and see/hear some of your songwriting.  Do you start off with a riff and write to that or do you start of with lyrics and start with that or a combination?  I'm a lyricist, so start off with lyrics unless of course I'm putting lyrics to someone's already composed music, which is fun, too!  Lots of discussion around songwriting here, so I hope you find what you're looking for!  Welcome!