Your Ad Could Be Here

Desert Island Discs

Ummmm which post did I miss ?

You already answered! Dixon's? (Of course I had to wiki "Dixon's...")

Now to learn about Racey, Westlife, and Jason Donovan!!!

You already answered! Dixon's? (Of course I had to wiki "Dixon's...")

Now to learn about Racey, Westlife, and Jason Donovan!!!

Oh yeah I'd already noticed that one ;)

Hmmm I better think of even worse punishment albums.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry but... I had to cut Jimmy Webb and Colin Hay from my list.

1. The Beatles - The Beatles (more popularly known as The White Album)
  2. Seal - Seal (the second album)
  3. Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
  4. Bruce Hornsby - Halcyon Days
  5. Earth Wind & Fire - That's the Way of the World
  6. Ohio Players - Honey
  7. Joni Mitchell - Hejira
  8. Steely Dan - Aja
  9. Thomas Dolby - The Flat Earth
  10. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

And no Synchronicity... (You can thank Andy Summers' abomination, "Mother," for tipping that scale.)

7 of my selection I have on vinyl. The others are too recent.

I was able to leave out a lot of stuff because they are already burned into my head and can be replayed at any time.

'Live Dead' and 'Kiko' being 2 examples.

The jazz & classical stuff I chose will withstand a lot of replays, because they will take a lot longer to 'burn in'.

What's up with 'Mother'?

Ok, its not up there with 'Tea in the Sahara' or 'King of Pain' but it has a great riff, scale and sound. The lyrics are impassioned, insightful and thought provoking.

What's up with 'Mother'?

Ok, its not up there with 'Tea in the Sahara' or 'King of Pain' but it has a great riff, scale and sound. The lyrics are impassioned, insightful and thought provoking.

OK (assuming the question might be directed at me)... Nothing's really "up" with Mother; I'm just revolted by it. Like I'm revolted by cilantro... I still have lunch with people I like who love the stuff! It's just not my cup of tea (in the Sahara or anywhere else).

Synchronicity [circa 1983] was one of the first half-dozen CDs I ever owned and ---I gotta tell ya--- being able to program the player to effectively delete Mother from the disc was one of the features that made me fall in love with the format. While the audio world went back and forth over the merits and evils of digital audio, I was doing the happy dance that listening to Synchronicity would never again require dashing to the turntable to skip that monstrosity. (And iTunes is even better! I imported the songs I want from my 2500 CDs and omitted those I don't care for!)

:guitarplay1::drums:   :vocals:  :acoustic:

:rockin:                     

:punk:          :taz:

:whistle:

btw... If you like Mother, then I'm happy for you.  :walkman:

• 2 weeks later...

Just 10??? ;-)

Well, let's see....

1.) The Beatles: The White Album

2.) Bob Dylan: Blood on The Tracks

3.) The Police: Greatest Hits

4.) Nirvana: Nevermind

5.) David Gray: White Ladder

6.) Neil Young: Harvest

7.) Pearl Jam: Live on 2 Legs

8.) John Mayer: Continuum

9.) Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

10.) Eric Clapton: The Cream of Clapton

Edited by Stova007

* ADDENDUM: Of course, if I know my island has its own indigenous mind-altering organics, my choices might be very different.

Lol. I'll second that....might have to add some Pink Floyd or Jimi Hendrix

Everybody's heard the joke but… [just in case]

What'd the DeadHead say when he ran outta weed?

"This music SUCKS!"

:lol2: I just couldn't suppress it…  :lol2:

Everybody's heard the joke but… [just in case]

What'd the DeadHead say when he ran outta weed?

"This music SUCKS!"

:lol2: I just couldn't suppress it…  :lol2:

Oh well, at least he could tell the difference eventually.

Are you on anything at the moment skylark? ;)

Ok decided, not parting with anything...  I'm sneaking some Ozric's onto the island. Not saying where I'm hiding it, but taking Strangeitude.

re: Island sounds. (when the record player is switched off)

As a chronic insomniac, I am always looking for ways to assist sleeping.

I once found a place that made CDs of 'relaxing sounds' -not music!

One of them was a Caribbean island shore. Waves breaking on the shore and bird song. That was the description.

So..... I bought a copy. It wasnt relaxing though. The waves were being driven by a howling wind which sounded like a force 7 gale. The bird song was shrieking parrots. It was awful.

Free tip. Dont sleep underneath a coconut tree.