Your Ad Could Be Here

Mixing music in a DAW. Mulabs

• Noob

I can't seam to get drum beats down. I have no clue why, they turn out sounding kinda shitty. anytips?

edit----

I am currently using built in drums, i dont really know what its called but it using the grid. To me it always sound electronic, too digital sounding.

Edited by Smorgan

Do you use a click-track?

I agree with Tom, more information is needed.

If you're using electronic drum beats, bounce each drum onto a separate track so you can still mix them individually in the DAW.  That gives far more flexibility and a better sound in the end.

Compressing beats with a release time between 50 and 100 milliseconds is a good idea, particularly on kick drums. 

Edited by Prometheus

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has the right to listen to my Songs ........... I did , sorry , :ilovemusic:

Oh yeah , sorry for highjacking this thread , but didn't seem like much was going on anyway , [smiley=microwave.gif]