Your Ad Could Be Here

Design Your Own Guitar

I'll have to confess that I've never actually done that... Personally I think I've seen the two guitars I like the look of most, and that;s all I would have the talent to design at the moment!

Both guitars are Ibanez, one is the Joe Satriani signature model (the cheap version of which I am a proud owner for those of you that haven't been paying attention at the back :P ) and the other is some model I can't remember the name of... When I got my JS it came down to a matter of playability between the two, and the JS won (the extra £200 it cost made the difference I guess! :S ). Still almost regret not getting the other one as I haven;t found that model in the same colours since :(

Lol, I was scraping the barrel, I admit it... But considering I had more important things on my mind (well, catchy music anyway) and it was 1am I think I can get away with it myself :P

No good carping on at me now! I think Rudi threw us a red herring anyway!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A friend of mine once built his own. He used a piece of 3" x 2" timber from his shed. It was left over from a window frame his dad had made. It was some kind of hardwood, but not too sure what? Worked fine! I would suggest a trip to a timber yard or DIY shop for an offcut!

Just found this! Might be useful!

I have the first link already, thanks, it's partly what inspired me to try saving some money and doing it myself! :)

Hmm, I guess the local dump might be worth a shot, not sure where it is tho :-/ Google, AWAY! :)

Failing that, I'll wait til I have a job (i.e. some spare money) and head to the local builders merchants :)