Your Ad Could Be Here

No Clue

Have you ever wrote a lyric and when you were finally finished you read it back and had no clue what you were trying to say?? I did that once and i'm just really confused. I still kind of like it but I don't know what was going on in my mind when I was writing it... Anyone else do that before?

~TIMOTHY~

• 2 weeks later...

Eh...I went through a period of excessively using differing types of drugs a couple of years ago to try to cope with depression (don't try it)....now when I look back at the lyrics I wrote during that time period....it's almost hilarious because I have no idea what I was writing about. Sometimes I can feel the thread of where I was trying to go with a particular piece, but I can never understand all of it. I also have a habit of writing something down before I go to sleep and waking up and reading what I had written down...clueless as to what it's about until it'll eventually click and I'll understand it. :D Or sometimes I'll write something in a certain frame of mind and come back to it in a completely different state wondering what the hell I was thinking. Don't worry....you're completely sane. I think :)

I always used to write that way. I'd work out what it meant afterwards and call it art.

Lol that's a funny way of looking at it. That's kind of the way I thought. I'll post my "have no idea" song in a day or two and see what people think...

~TIMOTHY~

I think I'm sort of in line with Rohan on this one. Oftentimes I'll start with a concept of what needs to be said but during the course of writing it evolves (or devolves?) into something else. It's frustrating sometimes because the original idea is still there somewhere screaming to be put into music but gets largely ignored.