Your Ad Could Be Here

Dissappointed In The End...

Mazrocon

Do you ever make something that sounds amazing in your head and you get all excited, then you quickly record it. Then hear it "without" playing it, and you are a bit dissappointed? I've done that a few times, it's amazing how different it sounds when you aren't concentrating on hitting the right notes and just sitting down and hearing it.

Anyways... I just want to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about this site. I know I haven't been on here in like months. But i'm just trying to get this stuff recorded.. and copyrighted :)

~TIMOTHY~

Hey~

Not sure what you mean by hearing it in your head , quickly record it, but then hear it "without" playing it...

Do you mean you put it down too quickly/imprecisely?

At any rate, have had mucho disappointments in being unable to capture (record) what I hear in my head. O well. I think

most of us who've not constant resources/phenomenal talent, may always experience this trial to a certain degree.

OTOH, time and persistence have taught me that I can get a decent amt of stuff down when I take my time to do it (learn it) right.

-Donna

PS: I was gone a long time, too. Welcome back! :)

Edited by Donna

Well that's not entirely what I meant... I mean you make something.... something that sounds great.... and then you record it to show everyone else, and it sounds a bit different. Like it only sounded good cause it was so fun to play it, but not fun to hear it.

It's annoying when you have a bunch of "potentialy" great stuff going on but you can't continue. Can't add more to it. But recently alot of my "incomplete" piece's of music have been completed, and in my opinion sound great. I'm really anxious to post 'em but my friend is extreamly hesititant on me posting anything online.

Btw... welcome back!

~TIMOTHY~

I know what you mean. Sometimes the whole-sound thats in your head is not always what you end up recording. It can be for several reasons.

1/ You just record a piece of melody without the accompanying harmonic and/or time context.

2/ You dont phrase the melody precisely. What works & what doesnt can be very subtle.

3/ The translation of timbre wasnt effective.

The best way to hear your music correctly is to keep it in your head. Its when you record & gig that it gets difficult.

hEY,

I've been there,...on several levels. I've had symphonies in my head that sound like dog poop when I play them. I've had many tunes get "lost in translation" as it were. In your head you hear no mistakes. When you're playing, the adreniline gets the best of you and it ROCKS!! Listen later and it's like WTF?

Happens,...enjoy the moment [smiley=rockin.gif]

In your head you hear no mistakes. When you're playing, the adreniline gets the best of you and it ROCKS!! Listen later and it's like WTF?

Happens,...enjoy the moment [smiley=rockin.gif]

Lol yeah exactly!!

I'm just glad that it's not all completely in my head, I get some it down :D

~TIMOTHY~

Timothy, happens to me all the time. I hear great stuff in my head. When I try to express it on the guitar, it comes out country music. (This is not to diss country music, by the way. I have spent most of my life in places where there are only two kinds of music--Country and Western.) It was better when I had a band--the Dodson Drifters may have officially been a bluegrass band, but we could play anything (we liked to do Ramones covers for their shock value). Alone? Sorry I appear to have limitations.

I guess I have just grown to expect it over time. I know that whatever I hear in my head is going to come out country music when I play it, so these days I just plan on it, and keep reminding myself, "Okay, how's this going to sound as country music?" And I occasionally (and eventually) will run across somebody who does a completely different style, and be able to convince them to take a stab at it and see how it sounds.

Joe