Your Ad Could Be Here

Ripped off software!

I wouldn't be making music if there wasn't an underground world cracking software. It gets me to try programs that I wouldn't otherwise. Then I buy the retail product when I use it sufficiently.

The root of the issue, according to me, isn't about stealing the industries. It's about the system providing us the basic commodities stealing us. Shelter, food, security is hard to come by and life becomes a daily struggle. Modern civilization, in spite of its technological prowess, has put us somehow even more than before into the "survival" mode. In this lack of respect for basic needs for healthy human development, we become stealers ourselves, to feed the creative aspects of our lives (music, arts). If the former was addressed correctly, we would not steal the latter.

This thought needs development, but I think it makes sense.

niksu.gif

Tell that to the judge  :D

Dude I see what you're saying but is using a cracked version of Reason really indicative of a newly arisen lack of ( respect for / support from ) modern society?

If so, how did the software ever get made at all? There *was* a market at some point!?

BS

I know that it should start with the individual, but how come theft is so widespread? Is it because of hackers? Or demand creates them? Does it only exist at the consumer level or at the industry and government level as well? Where does it start really? That way I could better see how it ends. Otherwise it's just wishful thinking and won't convince anyone to stop, no matter how punishing the law is.

Hmmm.

We live in a consumer society. Every day we are bombarded with messages that you need this or that to make your life better. And look how easy they are to get, just as long as you don't mind debt.

Marc, you make a good point, which is more or less about fulfillment. The thing is, we don't always need the latest and greatest. The problem is that we, as a society, quickly become used to dependance on consumables to fill the spaces that daily life fails to. In otherwords, we bought the advertisers message.

When it comes down to it, is it fulfilling? Sometimes, even most times, I think we forget what it's all about.

Deep man.  ;D

Cheers

John

Oooh. Had a nasty experience with Absynth recently. Absynth has copy protection system where it generates a system ID number based on certain components of your machine. And will only activate once you activate the software online. The liscence allows two activation one for laptop use . If you change computer you have to deactivate the initial computer activation. Having done so you are not allowed to reactivate an old computer.

I accidently deleted the wrong system ID. I emailed Native Instruments who, a few days later sent me the appropriate code to reactivate the software. Which was good but I spent the best part of a day trying to resolve this.

If I had used a crack I would have avoided all this. Why is that legitimate users are the one who are penalised.