Your Ad Could Be Here

Free Video Of Your Song!

click on your user name in the box top left and select messenger from the drop down

great job rob :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Roflcopter..............This is a very cool project that you are doing......thanks for including all of us.

Here's hoping you find something in my stuff :thumb23:

Thanks again

-Tom

hey Tom

Rofl mentioned a couple of songs of your he could do in the post at the top of the page. Looks like he needs an alternate download...

Cheers

John

Hey there Roflcopter........I can rework the mix in a higher mp3 format w/ ,"A Song That Sounds Blue"...I never got the master tracks w/ "If I Had You Now" as it was done for me in Nashville.

I'll get on it!

-Tom

Hey there Roflcopter........I can rework the mix in a higher mp3 format w/ ,"A Song That Sounds Blue"...I never got the master tracks w/ "If I Had You Now" as it was done for me in Nashville.

I'll get on it!

-Tom

That's OK.

I just ripped the tracks in the current quality anyway, so I can get going. Bit funny you don't have a .wav or cd from If I had you now? Howzat? If you have a CD you could rip the track off that, and create your own mp3. If you need assistance in doing that, just holler.

Here's what you need:

http://download.cnet.com/Audiograbber/3000-2140_4-10016038.html

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Edited by Roflcopter

That's really a great song Lazz....as well as a beautiful performance! The video work is a wonderfully fitting production...great, great work! WOW.

I was able to upload a 192 bit MP3 of, A Song That Sounds Blue onto Soundclick.....I'm hoping you can work with it 8)

-Tom

Hi Tom,

if you upload a 192 kbps mp3 to soundclick, it converts it back to 128 kbps, or at least it used to. Maybe upload it in a different way, via box.net or similar.

Edited by Roflcopter

That's OK.

I just ripped the tracks in the current quality anyway, so I can get going. Bit funny you don't have a .wav or cd from If I had you now? Howzat? If you have a CD you could rip the track off that, and create your own mp3. If you need assistance in doing that, just holler.

Here's what you need:

http://download.cnet.com/Audiograbber/3000-2140_4-10016038.html

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hey there Roflcopter.........I have a wav. for A Song That Sounds Blue...but the Nashville outfit (Paramount) sent their finished work up of my song If I Had You Now on a wma file.

I'm going to look into those sites to see what's what!

-Tom

Are you guys also recording songs, or just making videos for them?

Well, it would seem obvious, no? People make recordings but don't have videos, I normally also make music (but not at the moment - I am totally into mucking about with video) - so I make them for the people here that do. :)

Hey there Roflcopter.........I have a wav. for A Song That Sounds Blue...but the Nashville outfit (Paramount) sent their finished work up of my song If I Had You Now on a wma file.

I'm going to look into those sites to see what's what!

-Tom

OK you can create a high quality (256 or 320 kbps) using Audacity, and if you have trouble finding the Lame encoder .dll it needs to encode .mp3's (have to install that yourself for copyright reasons) lemme know, I will send you a copy.

The WMA is no problem, I can use that. Bit strange they only gave you that, and not a CD (technically also wav files). You *always* want an uncompressed (wav) version, since mp3 and wma are compressed, and you *always* lose quality compared to the original.

Maybe contact them so they burn you a CD if they still have the files - if not, try to remember for next time, anything less than CD or wav is second-choice.

[edit] currrently rendering 2nd version of A song that sounds blue, will upload it when done and post the link again.

Edited by Roflcopter

Hey there roflcopter............I am going to explore Audacity.......what can I use to get the higher quality mp3's to you?

-Tom

Hey there roflcopter............I am going to explore Audacity.......what can I use to get the higher quality mp3's to you?

-Tom

The mp3's you sent with the first mail arrived safely, so no need to send them again (think I got some dl notification after your previous mail). It's just very handy to have a place to upload, especially with bigger files (like wav's, those can get pretty huge, and are usually too big for peoples mailboxes). :)

The render I started last night didn't come out to my taste, so I changed a couple of things and started it again - another 4 to 5 hrs rendering, it's big with a *lot* of particles flying about. :P

Edited by Roflcopter

6 hrs something, it turned out. Currently uploading to the Songstuff channel, should be there in an hour (the raw file is 427 MB), but then it'll still be processing the better quality, so take your time.

6 hrs something, it turned out.

Good grief !

You're a good man, Rob.

Loved the finger.

Nice touch.

Glad you liked it, Colin :)

Paraphrase should be up next, if all goes to plan in a few days, using the idea I told you about. At least it'll be Something Completely Different... :P

The mp3's you sent with the first mail arrived safely, so no need to send them again (think I got some dl notification after your previous mail). It's just very handy to have a place to upload, especially with bigger files (like wav's, those can get pretty huge, and are usually too big for peoples mailboxes). :)

The render I started last night didn't come out to my taste, so I changed a couple of things and started it again - another 4 to 5 hrs rendering, it's big with a *lot* of particles flying about. :P

Hey there Roflcopter...........I recently sent some 192 bit mp3's to you via my memeo.com account. I hope this helps.

-Tom

Well, you had already sent those as email attachments, so I didn't really need them anymore. Anyway, video is uploaded to the channel, hope you like it. Will do your other one early next week, still collecting stuff for it and doing some brainstorming... :)

Well, you had already sent those as email attachments, so I didn't really need them anymore. Anyway, video is uploaded to the channel, hope you like it. Will do your other one early next week, still collecting stuff for it and doing some brainstorming... :)

That sounds really, really great..............I can hardly wait!! [smiley=bounce.gif] -Tom