Your Ad Could Be Here

What Editor?

Hey

Ok I've been looking about at various freeware editors and the cheap intro packages.

I'm thinking there is a big gap in the market for a full on freeware video editor!

After looking at virtual dub, it's pretty good for editing avi files but it lacks some basic features in 64 bit mode... the long and the short of it is that I focused more on the cheap intro packages from corel and Adobe.

So far it's looking like Adobe Premiere Elements. It seems pretty good. Hopefully there are a lot of free effects plug ins!

Cheers

John

Well, you know I am pretty high on Adobe Production Suite - all I can say is go for it, download the demo and compare it to the rest of the field, but I think if you have an undecided 'ceiling' as to how far you want to take it, Adobe is the way to go, just pricey. (Yeah I know I am oldfashioned, I believe in licenses more than torrents). :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you know I am pretty high on Adobe Production Suite - all I can say is go for it, download the demo and compare it to the rest of the field, but I think if you have an undecided 'ceiling' as to how far you want to take it, Adobe is the way to go, just pricey. (Yeah I know I am oldfashioned, I believe in licenses more than torrents). :)

I use Ulead Video Studio 7.0... I'm old fashioned too and believe in licenses... It's a reasonable packeage. It does good cross fades, has a number of interesting effects. I don't know how much it costs because I got it free with my video capture card...