Your Ad Could Be Here

How Can You Get Yoiur Lyrics Out There?

shwoz

• Noob

Hello all,

My name is sean I am a 16 year ol,d canadian drummer/ lyricist. I am very ambitious and was curious if any of you know some resources or tecniques to get lyrics out there and heard by artists and what not.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Thank you.

hey shwoz

welcome to Songstuff. Drop a post in the introduce yourself board if you get a chance.

if you mean getting bands to take on your lyrics and write the rest of the song... not very likely. You would be better finding a music writer to collaborate with and pitch finished songs. Publishing companies can be interested in lyricists, but yet again they tend to go for finished songs by preference. If they pick you up as a lyricist they would try and find you writing partners.

In terms of getting your lyrics out there with the hope of finding a music writer then boards like Songstuff, musesmuse etc are a pretty good way to do it online. post up lyrics under construction to the lyrics critique board and your finished lyrics to the lyrics board inside the showcase board. :)

Cheers

John